Part-Time Pet Care Advisor (Store Colleague) [20 Hours]
Hours: Part-Time PART_TIME
Location: Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 7YH, GB
Part-Time Pet Care Advisor (Store Colleague) [20 Hours]
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 440 stores and over 300 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care retailer.
You are at the heart of our stores and will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands.
Our Pet Care Advisors are critical to the operation of our stores and are responsible for exceeding our customers' expectations on a daily basis; whilst also ensuring the highest standard of pet care, brilliant operational standards and building strong working relationships with both our store team and our customers. You will work alongside our Groom room colleagues, supporting where necessary and in conjunction with the Vet practice in store (if applicable); helping us to achieve our vision of becoming the best pet care business in the world.
*Must be able to commit to working shorter shifts over 4 or 5 days*
* Welcoming every customer into our stores, building a rapport to establish their Pet care requirements and offering a solution (TAILS).
* Share your skills and knowledge of our products and services with our customers to help them provide the best possible care for their pets.
* Complete sales correctly and efficiently, personally ensuring that every customer leaves the store with a fantastic service experience.
* Support the success of the store team; seeking every opportunity to maximise our sales and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
* Share your knowledge of the additional Pet services available throughout our Group Partners ie Groom Room, Vets for Pets and VIP.
* Support our goal of sharing and engaging our customers in responsible pet ownership through the delivery of our in store workshops, consultations and local community events.
Working as a Team
* Demonstrating our Values and Behaviours is a key element of the role.
* Be digitally aware and able to actively support our Group brands responsibly via social media.
* Actively work as part of the team to achieve Area and Store goals in line with our Company strategies.
Store Presentation & Standards
* Stock should be fully replenished and displayed in line with our guidelines to maximise availability for our customers at all times; whilst adhering to our Profit Protection principles.
* Ensure the store is clean, tidy and representative of our current promotional offers to deliver a fantastic service experience to our customers.
* Adhere to all Health & Safety guidelines to ensure our colleagues, pets and customers are safe at all times.
* Care for our Pets with respect and sensitivity at all times by adhering to our Pet Routine guidelines.
* Ensure you put the needs of our Pets first, even if it means refusing a sale.
* Promote responsible Pet ownership with all customers.
* Progress through our training programmes to achieve and maintain the skills and knowledge required; enabling you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goal of being the 'Best Pet Care Business in the World'.
* Build, develop and utilise your personal knowledge of our Pets, products and services in order to engage with our customers effectively on responsible pet ownership.
* A retail background or a genuine passion for working with customers and exceeding their expectations.
* A friendly and confidence personality.
* Excellent verbal communication skills, both on a 1:1 level and group setting.
* Good written skills
* The desire and ability to run public workshops and events, passionately engaging with both children and adults in a group setting.
* The ability to work as part of a team.
* The ability to use your own initiative and a desire to find an appropriate solution.
* A genuine desire to improve your knowledge on Pet Care through the successful completion of all relevant training and relevant future updates.
* Competitive rate of pay plus bonus.
* 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home
* Half a day holiday for your little one's first day at school
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount - 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services and Pet Plan Insurance!
* Life Assurance
* Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
* Caring4Colleagues (grants, savings and loans)
* Celebrating Special Occasions? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Team reward vouchers
* "Treats" benefits - an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
* Charity Leave - You are entitled to have one paid days leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-05-17
Expiry Date: 2019-08-17