“The benefits are amazing. We have so many, I can’t remember them all.”
Our rewards & benefits
We reward and recognise our colleagues in ways that matter to them
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture.
We put people at the very heart of everything we do, so while you’re making sure the nation’s pets and their people are well-looked after, it’s only fair that you’re well-looked after too.
We know that everyone has different priorities at different points in their lives. Which is why we offer a varied range of rewards and benefits that make up our unique Total Reward Package. Our range of benefits enables us to support all our colleagues at different life stages, and in different financial circumstances, as you develop your career with us.
Understanding your Total Reward Package is simple, especially as we have a fantastic digital benefits platform called Your Reward Hub, giving you access to all your company benefits, wellbeing support and reward information as well as incredible everyday discounts on shopping. You can also send e-cards to recognise and celebrate your colleagues too!
We don’t just want you to be attracted to a new career here, we’d like you to stay with us too. That’s why we’ve designed a package to ensure you feeling recognised, rewarded, and happy to be part of our Group.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
You’ll enjoy a competitive base pay, with opportunities to earn the Real Living Wage within 3-6 months through our Earn As You Learn training programmes within our warehouses, stores and grooming salons, as well as being able to earn additional pay supplements through extra training.
All colleagues will receive at least 28 days annual leave (this includes 8 bank holidays) which will rise to 33 days after 2 years (this includes 8 bank holidays) (pro rata calculated on your contracted hours).
The company will contribute at least 3.5% of your salary into you company pension plan and most colleagues can also take advantage of our salary sacrifice pension scheme once you earn above a certain amount, usually at our Pet Care Advisor level within store, which can be reached within 6 months. Our pension scheme operates on an auto enrolment basis. This means, provided you meet certain requirements, you will be automatically enrolled into the pension scheme to help you save for your retirement.
We like to recognise the contributions our colleagues make to the success of our business, and celebrate everyone’s hard work, which is why we’ve given all colleagues access to recognise and celebrate your teams and colleague’s achievements through peer-to-peer e-cards on our online recognition and benefits platform. You can also nominate your colleagues or teams to win colleague or team of the month!
Benefits that support mental, emotional and financial wellbeing
Our benefits are designed to support your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
- A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all store and warehouse colleagues, including hourly paid store and management colleagues, our grooming, Distribution Centre and Support Office colleagues too.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- An additional day’s paid leave for your Birthday.
- An additional day’s paid leave to welcome your new pet into your family, which we like to call your “Pet-ernity” day if you welcome a new dog, horse or cat to the family.
- An additional day’s paid leave to carry out Your Better World Pledge day which enables colleagues to provide significant value and non-financial support to pets, people and our planet within their local community.
- An additional week’s paid leave (pro rata) to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.
- A gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Long service awards and gifts to celebrate service anniversaries between 5 - 30 years.
- Colleagues with at least 1 years’ service who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship can apply for a non-repayable grant from our Colleague Hardship Fund.
- Colleague discounts for all Pets at Home Group brands, within our Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room, Vets4Pets and online.
- Discounted pet insurance as part of our ongoing partnership with Petplan®.
- We want our colleagues to share in the success of our business which is why we offer two fantastic discretionary share plans (subject to approval) to all eligible colleagues within our stores, groom rooms, distribution centres and our support offices:
- An award of free shares each year; and
- Access to join our Sharesave scheme for colleagues to save a chosen amount of money every month for 3 years, to purchase shares at a 20% discounted share price.
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme to buy a tax-free bicycle, equipment, or both.
- There are lots of savings and discounts to be made on your everyday purchases with over 800 retailers and services instore and online through our benefits platform.
- We provide you with support, information and useful links to manage your financial wellbeing such as money tools, a budget planner, loan calculator, financial information on budgeting, spending, credit and borrowing, links to financial support, financial aid and easy access savings and loans.
- We also provide you with tools, articles, helplines and support to help you manage your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
- A free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by the Retail Trust for all colleagues, which provides access to counselling and information on managing mental health, self-care, managing stress, domestic abuse, loneliness, low self-esteem, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, and much more.
- Life Assurance cover for all colleagues. We don't like to think about it but it’s good to know that we provide financial security for your chosen beneficiaries in the unfortunate event of your death.
- Income Protection Insurance cover for all salaried colleagues who are unable to work for a long period due to illness.
- A company car or car allowance with some roles.
- With certain roles, the company will contribute towards your private medical insurance for you, your partner, and your children.
Full-time , £24,500 - £24,500
Full-time , £25,000 - £30,000