Part-Time Air Lock Colleague (29 Hours)
Part-Time, £8.21 per hour
Base Salary: £ 8.21 8.21 HOUR
Salary: £8.21 per hour (£8.21 - £8.21)
Hours: Part-Time PART_TIME
Location: Hamilton, Lanarkshire, ML3 6AD, GB
Air Lock Colleague
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a part-time 29 hour Airlock Colleague to be responsible for the Airlock delivery run based in our Hamilton store. Along with the driver, you will make product deliveries into stores and assume full responsibility for ensuring that the stores are securely locked, following the documented store requirements for pallet positioning etc.
The start times for this role are as below:
Sunday - 4pm
Monday - 7.30pm
Tuesday - 5.45pm
Wednesday - 5.45pm
Every second Saturday 6pm start (approx. finish midnight)
* To hold store keys whilst on shift and alarm codes for all the stores on the Airlock run
* Accompany the Pets At Home Delivery Driver on the Airlock Delivery run
* To gain safe and secure access to all stores on the Airlock run, and to allow the delivery to be unloaded
* To secure the premises after the delivery has been dropped
* Know and apply the health and safety and security procedures
* Deliver store order pallets into stores
* Act as key-holder on behalf of Pets at Home Ltd
* Ensure that all seals are unbroken, and record details on the driver's paperwork
* To check the pallet counts against the delivery documents and report any variances, on the driver's paperwork
* Ensure that the security of the store is not compromised
* To assist in ensuring that deliveries are made on time, reporting any variances on the driver's paperwork
* To ensure that Health and Safety procedures are adhered to at all times
* To ensure that any issues with keys/alarms are reported in a timely manner
* To perform any other reasonable management requests as required
* Ensure standards are being met and maintained
* Awareness, safety and well-being of others in line with Company procedures and requirements on safe working practices
You will attend each of the stores on the Airlock route and receive full training on the entry and exit routines including the risk assessment, safe system of work, setting of alarm codes, and use of the alarm panel.
Airlock and Night shift colleagues are required to sign a training acknowledgement sheet to ensure that they have received all the required operational and safety training. This training is delivered by your Area Manager or a Store Manager in a local store.
* £8.21 per hour
* 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years' service (pro rata for hours worked)
* Birthday leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your birthday
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-04-09
Expiry Date: 2019-04-20