Assistant Transactional Manager (Finance)
Full-Time, Up to £35,500 per annum
Base Salary: £ 30000.00 35000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £35,500 per annum (£30,000.00 - £35,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Transactional Finance Assistant Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Reporting to the Transactional Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing Transactional Finance support to a wide range of senior internal customers including:
* Finance Manager - Management Accounts
* Head of Operational Finance
* Head of Commercial Finance
* Head of Facilities
* Head of Goods not for Resale
This role will suit a commercially-minded accountant with a strong technical background and detailed knowledge of management accounting, forecasting and preparing insightful analysis. The ability to develop enduring relationships through effective and open communication is essential to allow the candidate to influence decisions and support the profitable growth of the business.
Candidates will have an excellent financial grounding and demonstrable commercial awareness.
* Overseeing key transactional finance teams (GNFR, Cash & Banking, [Expenses]).
* Drive performance across all teams via continuous training (c.10 members of team)
* Review and implement new processes
* Review and implement enhanced reporting and management information to improve working capital forecasting accuracy.
* Change Management
* Developing and fostering direct reports and their teams.
* Ensure that resources and skills of the team are appropriate for changing business needs
* Assist in the implementation of systems, projects and improvements across the group - representing Transaction Services as the SME
* Continue to develop relationships between Transaction Finance and other areas of the business to promote collaborative working resulting in the delivery of solutions that are beneficial to multiple areas.
* Provide Periodic KPI results with analysis to drive efficiencies and monitor individual and team performances.
* Experience of leading and developing transactional finance teams
* Broad knowledge across all areas within Shared Services environment
* Demonstrable experience of implementing end to end process improvement
* Positive, forward thinking attitude
* Ability to work as part of a team, utilizing resources where available and proactively working alone where necessary
* Experience of SAP essential
* Salary up to £35,500 per annum
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2018-12-14
Expiry Date: 2019-04-26