Store Manager - 39 hours
Full-time, £32,000 - £40,000
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 1446 High Road, Whetstone, London, N20 9BS
Store Manager – Whetstone
Join our dynamic team and be part of an exciting journey as we gear up for the grand opening of our brand-new store!
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our range of Pet Care Centres, Pets Grooming salon, and Vets for Pets practices around the UK. Our Pet Care Centres are community-focused pet care stores – where local people work with local pet owners and help local pets.
What’s the role?
As a Store Manager you will report into the Area Manager, and you will be responsible for managing your own store, maximising sales, and performance across all major KPI’s through building a highly engaged and high performing team. You will lead from the front with a hands-on approach. You will inspire your team, inject fun into the workplace and create a truly fantastic place to shop and work.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the 'Best Pet Care Business in the World'. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, opportunity to earn an annual bonus, as well as a comprehensive range of benefits.
Who are the team?
An exciting opportunity awaits as we build a team for our upcoming grand opening! You will be joining an Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, and a team of dedicated Store Colleagues, at the forefront of creating an exceptional shopping experience. Situated conveniently near the Northern Line, our location ensures easy accessibility for those relying on public transport. As a team member, you'll not only contribute to the success of our new venture but also play a vital role in providing care for our customers' beloved pets. If you're passionate about customer service, thrive in a collaborative environment, and are ready to be part of an exciting journey, seize this opportunity to shape the future with us!
Who are we looking for?
• Experienced in working within the retail sector with a minimum of 2 years of hands-on management experience in managing a team of at least 10 people. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment.
• Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 7 days a week.
• Passionate for retail and has a proven track record of delivering high standards and great results.
• A team player with excellent communication skills to engage and inspire your team.
• Ready to take on 6 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
We reward and recognise our managers in ways that matter to them. Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
• Annual bonus
• at least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours)
• Extra day off for your birthday
• Life Assurance - 4 times your annual salary
• Company pension contribution of 4%
• Colleague discount of 20% across the Group (Pets at Home, Pets Grooming, Vets for Pets), including 30% off on own brand
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening.
“Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets, and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in, and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you!”
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
Click here for more details and other benefit
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 30-01-2024
Expiry Date: 01-03-2024