Digital Test Analyst (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Full-time, Up to £24,500 per annum
Salary: Up to £24,500 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
The newly created role of Digital Test Analyst has arisen as we are looking to accelerate the delivery of digital product developments and deliver significant change as part of our overall seamless shopping strategy over the coming years.
This role will be a key member of the Digital Development team and will report to the Senior Digital Development Manager. The team is a small but growing part of the business and within this role you’ll be instrumental in ensuring the digital agenda continues to be delivered at pace with high quality experiences for customers and colleagues.
Overall Purpose of Role
To ensure system change implementations are error free with minimal disruption to operations through detailed testing, taking accountability for:
- User acceptance testing policies, processes and quality assurance
- User acceptance test planning
- Test analysis and design
- Test preparation and execution
- Entry / exit criteria via formal gateways
UAT policies, processes and quality assurance
Define the policies and processes to be used during the UAT phase of system change.
- Integrate and embed UAT processes into the release cycle.
- Ensure appropriate engagement and oversight of testing quality
Develop a UAT plan for each change initiative to include
- Scope and objectives
- Specification of test activities
- Roles and responsibilities
- Acceptance criteria
Test analysis and design
Be responsible for the design of UAT
- Review of Design/Requirements
- Review test basis
- Evaluate testability
- Identify and prioritise test conditions
- Design and prioritise high level cases
- Maintain test environment
Test preparation and execution
Be responsible for the preparation and execution of UAT
- Manage test execution
- Finalise test cases
- Create test data and scripts
- Verify test environment
- Execute test procedures and log outcomes
- Compare actual results with expected
- Record discrepancies
Entry / exit criteria via formal gateways
Design and manage the processes and controls to ensure testing meets agreed quality standards and all relevant stakeholders have visibility of testing progress and quality.
- Coordinate UAT resources, track progress and UAT issue management (including leading the triaging of issues into defects, new requirements, data set-up, user error etc)
- Provide regular UAT progress statistics/reporting to senior stakeholders
- Obtain required UAT sign offs from business/key stakeholders
- Provide regular MI in terms of test progress, defects raised/closed, tracking against milestones etc
- Support go-live (process, system, data etc), by working closely with Senior Digital Development Manager and key business stakeholders as required
- Salary up to £24,500 per annum
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 02-10-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020