IT Service Desk 1st Line Analyst
Full-time, Up to £20,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
IT Service Desk 1st Line Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their IT career by joining our Group IT Service Desk Team, supporting all Pets at Home and Vet Group colleagues and working as part of a busy, professional and highly motivated team, based at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire.
The Service Desk 1st Line Analyst will report to the IT Service Desk Supervisor and provide systems support for all colleagues across the business, it’s a very fast paced business that’s constantly changing.
- Record accurate, detailed information and track incidents from creation until completion to ensure resolution in a timely manner and to a high standard to avoid as little disruption to the business as possible.
- Where a solution cannot be provided or will be timely, escalate appropriately to the relevant support teams.
- Ensure great communication to all teams involved in issue resolutions.
- Work with our team of analysts in providing a professional and courteous service.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot new software, updates and patches.
- Troubleshoot hardware problems (printers/desktops/pos hardware/network); provide support to requests remotely and also at the internal customers workplace.
- Work on and support development/improvement projects as assigned by management.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and period routines are followed to ensure systems stability (e.g. price changes, data backup, security checks)
- Meet Service Level Agreements
- This is a technical Service Desk so you must be PC literate in Microsoft Office applications, Windows and Internet Explorer, Active Directory, with a real interest in computing and problem solving technical issues.
- Although a number of our systems are bespoke and training will be provided for these, it is preferable that you have some previous experience of IT support, and the ideal candidate will have experience of working on an IT Service Desk providing IT support.
- We’re a pet retailer so a passion for Pets is what we’re all about: this is a must!
- You must be able to demonstrate experience of, and thrive off, delivering excellent customer service.
- You should have an aptitude for learning new skills quickly.
- It is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You need to meet end user requirements whilst providing high quality customer service.
- Your excellent time management skills will enable you to prioritise and organise your workload.
- You should be able to work both independently (with minimal supervision) as well as part of a team.
- We are looking for a committed, ambitious and motivated individual who has the drive to improve and develop their own skills but also someone who is a real team player.
- Our business never stops and therefore you must be willing to work to defined working schedules which include weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
The IT Service Desk Team offers a great service to the business 7 days a week and works on a shift pattern basis. This could includes the shifts below, working one weekend in four, however your working pattern will vary on a week by week basis.
- 8:00am – 4:20pm
- 10:00am – 6:10pm
- 12:00am – 8:10pm
- Saturdays – 8:00am – 6:10pm
- Sundays – 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Salary up to £20,000 per annum
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-09-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020