Senior Stock Controller – Northampton Distribution Centre (SDC)
Contracted Hours: 39 - Must be flexible as the role will manage team members across all shifts.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Swan Valley Way, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 9BD
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
- To function within a team of stock controllers, overseeing the stock team to ensuring that all internal stock control processes within the SDC are followed to maximise stock availability, accuracy and condition.
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of the warehouse stock file, by ensuring that the perpetual inventory process is kept on track.
- Continuously improve productivity through maintaining pick paths and space utilisation.
- Comply with all Health and Safety standards and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of the SDC stockfile and all the associated functions assisting the stock control manager to improve stock integrity
- Audit the Cycle count process and maintain records for audit purposes.
- To assist the Stock Control FLM and First Line Managers to close all orders within 24 hours to improve stock availability
- To assist in the management of stock balancing between the SDC and MC to improve stock profile and availability
- Report on a weekly basis all stock adjustment activities and assist in the development new processes and procedures
Nature and Scope:
- Monitor, oversee and authorise internal product adjustments to maintain stock accuracy
- Monitor goods in functions to ensure all orders are closed out without discrepancies
- Complete walk rounds and product profile checks
- Actively drive space optimisation in the DC to reduce possible outside storage costs
- Ensure Completion of proportional weekly PI checks along with other periodic activities
- Assist in the design, Control and execution of relays to enhance productivity measures
- Be conversant in Excel and Word to design and write reports
Candidates must demonstrate a high level of commitment to previous roles, having taken ownership and ensuring excellence in service delivery. Due to the evolving nature of the organisation and the ongoing development of the logistics function, candidates should be experienced in delivering continuous improvement programs, ideally with exposure to lean logistics principles.
The opportunity would suit a forward-thinking individual, who would seek to implement best practice.
2 years experience in a Stock Control role.
GCSE (grade c or above) or equivalent in Maths and English language
‘A’ Level or equivalent
Good communication skills both written and verbal.
IT literate word/excel.
Stock control processes
JDA type Database
General WM systems
Personality / Motivation
- Forward-thinking with a store/customer centric focus.
- Self starter and highly motivated.
- Very strong attention to detail and data analysis.
- Creative and resourceful under pressure.
- Team player within the wider business.
The Benefits (Band F)
- Salary up to £25,535 per annum, plus a 20% night shift allowance for any hours worked between 22.00 and 06.00 and up to £750 bonus.
- 33 days annual holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 36 days after 2 years continuous service
- Pension Scheme
- Celebrating Special Moments? We want to celebrate with you by giving you:
- 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- extra time off to help you to settle in a new pet to your family (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- extra time off so that you can celebrate your wedding or civil partnership
- a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “LifeWorks” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Free Car Parking
- Values Awards
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 06-08-2019
Expiry Date: 23-08-2019