Senior Business Analyst
Full-time, Up to £51,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £51,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Senior Business Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Business Analyst to work with the Pets At Home Group IT team. It will involve working with Business and IT teams to deliver Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering and Process Mapping as part of the wider change delivery function. You will work closely with Project and Programme managers to ensure that the BA role is integral to the delivery of robust business change and the realisation of measurable business benefits. The position is based in Handforth and there will be opportunities to visit our key sites in the UK.
- Produce clear, concise, accurate and high quality requirements for both business and technology consumers.
- Employ a broad range of BA techniques including written and graphical models
- Coach, develop, and mentor other Business Analysts
- Work with business stakeholders to gather, analyse, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements
- Work with business stakeholders to help them focus on their problem statement
- Gather and manage requirements and undertake detailed business and systems process analysis
- Lead workshops, project planning, team meetings, reviews, release planning and other meetings
- Work across a range of projects varying in complexity and context, providing guidance to business analysts in the same or other projects
- Liaise closely with senior stakeholders to assess proposed solutions including process or organisational change, bespoke software development and/or commercial off the shelf package implementations
- Produce RFPs, conduct vendor assessments and perform gap analysis
- Establish solid working relationships with stakeholders, communicating with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Assist the Lead Business Analyst in implementing Business Analysis best practice across the Pets at Home Group
- “Can-do” attitude and flexible approach to the role and team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly assimilate business knowledge
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Good listening and interpersonal skills, able to deal productively with conflicting views and ambiguity
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to facilitate meetings and explain complex business problems to a wide audience
- Attention to detail and ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Experience of coaching team members, developing and growing others.
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles
- Extensive experience of business analysis within a software development environment
- Experienced in a wide variety of requirements gathering techniques
- Experience of understanding and documenting complex business processes and requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to formulate recommendations.
- Document as-is, to-be and target operating models obtaining approvals from sponsor and stakeholders
- Proven experience of interacting with all levels of stakeholder
- Proven experience of articulating risks and issues and impacts to influence decision making
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects of varying size simultaneously
- Experience of working with project sponsors to help them identify benefits and create robust Business Cases
- BCS Business Analysis Diploma or CCBA
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Salary up to £51,000 per annum
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 05-07-2019
Expiry Date: 13-09-2019