Infrastructure Support Technician (12 Month Contract)
Full-time, Up to £35,000 per annum (Pro Rata)
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum (Pro Rata)
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Infrastructure Support Technician (12 Month Contract)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Infrastructure Support Engineer to work within the PAH Group Information Technology Team. The focus of this role is to support the wider Infrastructure team. The role is crucial to support the Infrastructure team through a period of significant technical change. The position is based in Handforth and is initially available for 12 months with a view to extend. Travel to our key sites in the UK maybe required.
This is a customer facing role, so not only will you need to work well within a team but you also need to be very customer focussed and a great communicator. Where required, training on how to undertake the implementation and support of the various new infrastructure solutions will be provided.
There is a real opportunity for a support technician to join the company, make their mark and become an integral player within our Infrastructure team and wider Group IT department.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory. Windows Server (2003,2008,2012)
- Strong Networking skills with Cisco or equivalent qualifications
- Understanding of Firewalls and a firm understanding of change controls
- 3rd Line support (ideally previous experience in a support role)
- Working with business colleagues to resolve post implementation issues following the roll out of software / solutions.
- Working closely with the Infrastructure team to ensure incidents/issues are resolved in a timely manner using Service Management ticketing system
- Assisting with the implementation of Asset Management software and supporting processes
- Testing and test documentation of infrastructure solutions/services
- Supporting the transition of solutions into BAU
- Ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed
- 3rd Line Technical / Desktop support background is essential
- Active directory knowledge
- Understanding of Group Policy in Active Directory
- Understanding of thin client environment using Citrix and Windows RDP
- Awareness of Red Hat Linux
- Knowledge & Experience of Ivanti End Point product suite would be desirable
- IP Telephony - Mitel
- Strong networking skills and troubleshooting
- A good understanding and awareness of Firewalls and change control
- Exposure to VWMare in an enterprise environment
- Ability to create detailed documentation for test results, training and service transition purposes
- Professional attitude to completing critical time-based tasks
- Enjoys developing new skills and learning new technologies
- Be motivated to investigate and resolve any technical problems that may arise
- Be able to support occasional out of hours work for change implementations
- A strong ‘can do’ positive attitude is essential
- Confident communicator, oral and written - able to communicate with senior managers, vendors and suppliers
- Ability to work both independently, in a team and with other teams
- Competent and methodical administrative experience - able to manage multiple tasks within required timescales
- Key stakeholder relationship with the Pets at Home Group Information Security, Infrastructure and Service Management teams
- Project manager relationships for Infrastructure projects
- Key stakeholder relationships with third party suppliers
- Salary up to £35,000 per annum (Pro Rata)
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 03-07-2019
Expiry Date: 13-09-2019