Warehouse Colleague - Various Shifts
Full-time, Between 8.71 and £9.43 per hour
Salary: Between 8.71 and £9.43 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Swan Valley Way, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 9BD
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a growing business as a Warehouse Colleague within our DC in Northampton. We are looking for colleagues to support both our Retail and E-Commerce Operations.
Pets at Home Ltd has over 450 stores across the UK and more stores planned for next year. The Support Office is located in Handforth, near Manchester. In 2003 we built a distribution centre (DC) in Stoke, which has grown in volume supported by 400+ colleagues. To meet our aggressive store-growth plans we opened a second DC in Northampton in June 2011.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Warehouse FLM - SDC
- To ensure that the daily targets are achieved in a correct manner, with no picking errors or damages
- Must liaise as needed with all other colleagues to ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures and requirements
- Awareness of the safety and well-being of others in line with company procedures and requirements
- Flexibility both in terms and duties within the warehouse and in hours of work to ensure that business needs are met.
- Ability to work weekends (minimum one day across two weekends each month – as according to the rota allocated)
- Ability to work overtime on 3 shifts each week.
- Good English and Mathematics skills
- To ensure when picking that the correct item is picked
- Ability to pick all items in the warehouse, including 15kg bags of dog food)
- Stacking of pallets must be done in a safe manner to correct height with product carefully, safely and securely shrink wrapped and labeled accordingly
- To replenish picking locations with the minimum disruption and downtime to the order picker
- All empty pallets must be removed from the pick location during the replenishment put away task.
- Pallets to be loaded with product carefully, safely and securely wrapped with shrink wrap.
- Consolidate pallets where necessary to maximize pallet fill sand vehicle utilization
- All pallets must be scanned onto each vehicle to ensure accuracy and accountability.
- To tip palletize loads in a safe and timely manner
- To unload loose carton loads by hand, ensuring accuracy and using safe and correct pallet configurations
- To ensure ALL pallets are securely wrapped before they are taken for put away onto the racking.
- To ensure that at all times the provision of the Health & Safety at Work Act is adhered to, and that any unsafe situation or action is reported immediately.
- To maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and hygiene
- To carry out any task or duty as required by the company, and as instructed by your immediate supervisor or other line manager.
- Maintaining the standard for driving MHE is adhered to and maintained at all times
- To be fully conversant with warehouse management system (JDA)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus/people skills
The Package that we are offering is:
- Hourly rate: Between 8.71 and £9.43 per hour
- Shifts: Vary depending upon the role, including any 5/7 including weekends (may include split days off) covering days, afternoon’s and night shifts, or Fixed Shift of 4 out of 7 days.
- 28 days annual holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years continuous service
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Values Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 19-06-2019
Expiry Date: 02-08-2019