Portfolio Test Manager
Full-time, £40,000 - £45,000 per year
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Full time, 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Pets at Home are embarking on initiatives to enhance technical capability that will revolutionise our pet care customer experience and to support this we are looking for a Portfolio Test Manager
- This is an opportunity to bring ideas, innovate and collaborate on ‘greenfield’ projects – not tied down by legacy systems.
- Be part of something with a start-up spirit, with the support and security of a large, successful and growing business.
- Help to shape the digital future of a business – and an industry – as you help us to become the world’s best pet care company.
- The sense of reward, helping pets and their owners to live happier, healthier lives. .
About the role
- You will be responsible for assuring a level of quality for the end user by evaluating and recommending the level of risk, testing rigour to be applied, and testing resource requirements to supporting the quality of the project solution delivered into business.
- You will be required to set out the testing approach, defining the quality and test assurance standards. As well as being responsible for the test team activities, they will be responsible for the successful delivery of the testing, co-ordination of the various interdependent projects, environments, with a complete focus on meeting the testing objective and resolution of issues that impede the test effort.
About your experience
We are looking for a candidate who comes from an agile working environment who will also be pragmatic and have the ability to challenge in the right places within the business as well as experience working with stakeholder management combined with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to facilitate meetings and explain complex problems, test proposals to a wide audience
- Experience of understanding and documenting complex business processes and requirements
- Proven experience of interacting and influencing with all levels of stakeholder
- Proven experience of articulating risks and issues and impacts to influence decision making
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects of varying size simultaneously
- Strong Quality Assurance individual with experience of managing Quality Assurance Changes
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures.
- A proven track record of bringing the best practice in to an organisation and using this to drive improvements
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles
- Knowledgeable of various functional and non-functional testing and assurance approaches
- Knowledge of different testing tools and testing techniques, AGILE, V Model
If you are interested in shaping the digital future of a thriving business and be part of evolving our digital customer experience… APPLY NOW!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 20-07-2021
Expiry Date: 01-09-2021