Rewards & benefits
We think we’re a great employer. But don’t take our word for it.
Our people have voted us as one of the best places to work in the UK on several occasions. And they tell us that’s not just because of the supportive teams they are part of and the fun they have at work.
We look after our people as much as we do our pets, we offer a package that includes benefits and rewards, offers recognition and looks after wellbeing.
You’ll enjoy competitive pay, an annual bonus and car allowance (depending on Band), pension scheme and annual holidays above the statutory minimum of 20 days per annum (depending on length of service).
On top of eight public holidays, you'll also get 20 days' annual leave, increasing to 25 days after 2 years (pro rata applies if you're part-time).
You’ll be able to join our pension plan where you will be able to receive at least 2% of salary in pension contributions from the company (depending on Band).
We recognise the fantastic contribution our colleagues make to our business through our peer to peer employee recognition scheme.
We’ve put together a package of extra benefits designed to help you save money, look after your health and wellbeing, and give you peace of mind.
- Life Assurance cover for all
- A free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by the Retail Trust
- Loyalty/Long Service Awards to celebrate service anniversaries between 5-30 years
- Car allowance with some roles
- Discounted private medical insurance for you and your partner
- A Childcare voucher scheme to save on tax and NI
- Cycle to Work Scheme to buy a tax free bicycle
- ‘Buy’ up to five days additional holiday each year
- Payroll is a flexible, tax efficient way to make regular donations to any UK charity
- Employee Recognition Scheme to reward colleague contribution
- Permanent Health Insurance cover for all employees unable to work for a long period due to illness
- Retail discounts at Pets At Home stores and online
- Charity Days enable colleagues to make a difference to their local communities
- We offer a number of other additional days paid leave i.e. for Birthday Leave, Flying the Nest Leave, New Baby Leave and ‘Peternity’ Leave (if you have a new dog, horse or cat in the family).
Full-Time, Up to £22,000 per annum
Part-Time, Up to £45,000 per annum (£27,000 pro rata)
Customer Service Advisor -12 Months FTC (Flexibility Required - Various Shifts/Hours Available) - Handforth
Full-Time, Up to £18,225 per annum
Full-Time, Up to £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
Full-Time, Up to £60,000 dependent on experience