“The business is committed to providing a great work life balance.”
Our Wellbeing initiatives
We care for our people, too.
We know that having a happy and healthy team helps us to enhance the happiness and health of pets and their people. Which is one of the reasons why we put so much emphasis on supporting the mental health and wellbeing of our people.
We recognise wellbeing is a key priority for everyone right now, and we commit to supporting each and every one of our colleagues to be as healthy and well as they can be. We’ve therefore adopted a wellbeing approach that encompasses the whole person, with an emphasis on mental health, financial health, physical health, nutritional health, and social wellbeing.
We’re running accredited training for Mental Health First Aiders and Wellbeing Champions across the whole business with hundreds of colleagues getting involved. Meanwhile, our Wellbeing Strategy is tailored to different areas of the Group, giving everyone access to more focused, role-specific help as well as general support.
We’re also committed to removing any stigma around mental health, so you’ll never need to worry about speaking up.
Put simply, our wellbeing initiatives are many and varied. Here’s just a selection of them:
- A £1m (and counting) Caring for Colleagues Hardship Fund launched at the start of the pandemic. Every year we commit to offering non-repayable grants for colleagues who are experiencing financial difficulty.
- Retail Trust membership, giving colleagues access to a 24/7 helpline, free counselling, and access to financial support.
- A Wellbeing Centre on our newly launched online platform, Your Reward Hub, complete with constantly updated resources, recipes, workouts, and stress management techniques.
- Over 30 courses on our Learning & Development hub covering subjects like stress management and self-care.
- RetailCure membership, which offers savings and loans for our colleagues.
- ‘Inspiring Fridays’ with external speakers talking about issues like Mental Health, Diversity and Inclusion, and Wellbeing.
- A dedicated Wellbeing Facebook Group with more than 2,500 colleagues from all of our business areas.
- Little ‘thank yous’ for those who’ve gone above and beyond, are marking a big personal milestone, celebrating an important cultural occasion… The list goes on. These often take the form of cakes and vouchers (we’ve been known to send out more than 30,000 cupcakes in a single year!)
- Site-specific initiatives like Coffee Roulette in our Support Office – colleagues who sign up get matched with a random colleague so they can both have a chat and take a break.
- Steps Challenges to encourage you to head outdoors and be more active.
And so much more!