Production Compliance Technologist
Full-Time, Up to £40,000 per annum
Base Salary: £ 35000.00 40000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum (£35,000.00 - £40,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Production Compliance Technologist - Food & Non-Food
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
PAH is driven by a culture of pets before profit, with passion and innovative delivery of diverse product ranges to pet owners across the spectrum.
If you love making things happen, driving change and helping to shape the right processes and procedures to take this business to the next level - then this is the role for you!
Based at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire, PAH is seeking a bright and capable Production Compliance Technologist to help develop our product approval and supplier development processes.
Our technical team ensures we provide our customers and their pets with products that are safe and legal across both Food & Non-Food areas, whilst ensuring all product claims and labelling are accurate and not misleading. The QA/technical team also ensures that we are buying those products from the right suppliers/sources and that the factories meet required quality management and social compliance expectations.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager - Food, this diverse role will empower you to drive delivery of the technical strategy and provide support to the trading, packaging and innovations' teams within a fast paced environment. Covering all Food and Non-Food product areas , we are looking for a highly motivated individual who is a strong team player with a 'can do' attitude to successfully drive change.
* Help and support Technical Managers and Product Technologists to ensure that product suppliers meet acceptable PAH standards, within their factories and/or supply chains. Liaise with Far East colleagues to ensure that progress is being maintained unilaterally and that the same requirements are being universally applied.
* Define and develop a manageable ongoing supplier assessment programme for ensuring all product suppliers are assessed for technical capability and social compliance issues, using the new Supplier Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ).
* Score and award capability grades to suppliers, and update current supplier lists accordingly. Identify potential "Accredited" suppliers and highlight potential risks to the business due to non-conformance.
* Work in collaboration with our HK office and direct source supply base to deliver supplier assessments prior to sample seal stages, producing and maintaining accurate records.
* Support projects relating to food and non-food product integrity, ensuring all quality related timeframes are achieved from concept to launch by managing supplier assessments and grading their capabilities on time.
* Act as the QA Process co-ordinator, ensuring that the QA/technical teams in the UK and HK operate in a consistent way, and that the agreed ways of working are maintained.
* Assess the adoption and use of newly defined product approval processes and initiatives and assist in the development of existing and new Generic Specifications. Help and support the QA/technical team where necessary and report on progress.
* Build and maintain technical files, reporting and developing supplier and product improvements, managing specifications and reviewing progress of quality management process development.
* Help manage, coordinate and update specification libraries, including reviewing, maintaining and timely completion of technical aspects of finished product specifications.
* Demonstrate flexibility and be able to manage your own workload in line with changing priorities.
* Working with Product Technologists, liaise with test houses, co-ordinate testing needs, assess and keep technical files and reports, and manage approved production samples prior to shipment as required.
* Act as main point of contact for Customer Services, representing the QA/technical team, and filter product complaints to the right person. Liaise and communicate with suppliers and Technologists, investigating customer complaints as required, making recommendations and taking remedial action where necessary.
* Provide support as required in relation to legal, environmental, ethical and safety standards.
* Ensure the technical process, files, documentation and storage/recording of sealing samples is consistently maintained.
* Liaise with our supply base in the UK & overseas, and with our regional office colleagues, building strong collaborative relationships and supportive actions.
* Compile and analyse supplier & site performance data, communicating with team, and delivering updates to key stakeholders across the business as required.
* Support Technical Managers in collating and analysing data, delivering new ideas and recommendations to drive continued improvements.
* Liaise with stores and retail operations to support the business in all aspects of incident management, product withdrawal, or recall procedures with appropriate follow-up as required.
The successful candidate would ideally have previous experience of working as a Product Technologist or Auditor across multi product categories (hardlines/softlines) gained within a retail, manufacturing, test laboratory or supplier based environment. Holding a Product Technology degree/certificate or related qualification would be an advantage. Knowledge of relevant auditing systems and standards essential.
* Ability to communicate clearly and influence people, both internally and externally.
* Supportive team player, adaptable to changing priorities, willing to challenge and suggest new ideas.
* Knowledge of factory auditing systems, production processes and environmental/ethical standards a huge advantage.
* Experience of managing product quality from concept to launch through the NPD process, including assessment of supplier capability.
* Knowledge of retail and manufacturing processes, including supplier auditing and quality management is desirable.
* Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements and application to general merchandise is essential.
* Willingness to 'go the extra mile' and show determination to support business objectives.
* Ability to demonstrate logical, analytical, methodical thought process and organisational skills is important.
* Desire to drive technical standards and culture of improvement - constantly striving to make a difference - building our Generic Specifications and minimum standards.
* Have an understanding of QA and control processes and procedures, experience of QMS systems would be an advantage.
* Adaptable to changing priorities, with good 'excel' programming and computer skills a necessity.
* Confident and able to work under your own initiative as well as being a strong team player.
* We're a Pet business so having a passion for pets is a must!
* Salary up to £40,000 per annum, plus bonus
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-04-25
Expiry Date: 2019-07-25