Assistant Payroll Manager (12 Months)
Full-Time, Up to £35,000 per annum
Base Salary: £ 32000.00 35000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum (£32,000.00 - £35,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Assistant Payroll Manager (12 Month Contract)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Reporting to the Group Payroll Manager this role will be responsible for supporting the development of 3 payroll teams across the business and ensuring the delivery of a first class payroll function.
This role will suit someone who has supervisory/line management experience within a payroll team in a high volume transactional environment. Pets at Home and Vets 4 Pets currently process salary payments for over 14,000 colleagues each 4 week period.
* In-depth understanding of Payroll legislation and compliance requirements as the payroll subject matter expert, provide expert advice and direction on complex operational issues.
* Engage with specialist teams e.g. reward, finance, and taxation, to design, develop and implement business change ensuring a smooth implementation with minimum disruption to service delivery.
* Efficiency and service improvements (in line with agreed SLA's, KPI's, and Customer Feedback) ensuring all activity is recorded and tracked with benefits realisation.
* Internal & External Audit compliance
* Regulatory Compliance
* Support the Group Payroll Manager in ensuring integrity of payroll systems by undertaking the testing of system updates and fixes, ensuring documentation of evidence.
* Resolution of escalations to highest standards of customer service.
* Some travel to the Swindon, Northampton & Stoke offices required.
* Subject matter expert with deep Payroll knowledge and experience, including expenses and benefits.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data and use intelligently.
* Good IT skills and an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and ideally have a working knowledge of SAP (not essential).
* Ideally CIPP qualified or currently working towards completion.
* Proven experience of end to end payroll processing.
* Demonstrable experience of implementing end to end process improvement
* Positive, forward thinking attitude
* Proven experience of line management and developing of payroll teams.
* Salary up to £35,000 per annum, plus bonus
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-04-16
Expiry Date: 2019-07-16