Full-Time, Up to £45,000 per annum
Base Salary: £ 42000.00 45000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum (£42,000.00 - £45,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
* To be accountable for all energy and environmental impacts across Pets at Home Group.
* To lead on developing and implementing energy saving countermeasures designed to save energy whilst protecting and enhancing pet welfare.
* Responsible for management of all utilities (Electricity, Gas, Water) and Waste across the Pets at Home Group.
* Responsible for improving data reporting channels and increasing the robustness of all data relating to utility consumption and associated carbon emissions. Working with key external suppliers (utility bureau and providers) and metering provider (Stark)
* Accountable to manage the waste contract ensuring zero diversion from landfill and enhancing the recycling at store level to improve the recycling levels in-line with targets.
* Manage utility consumption to ensure that performance is in line with budget and forecast.
* Review energy consumption patterns and trends to help identify opportunities for savings.
* Design, develop and deploy energy saving countermeasures to reduce consumption and support Pet Welfare. Seeking CAPEX approval as needed.
* Responsible for piloting multiple different energy saving technologies across the estate to assess the feasibility for broader deployment
* Manage supplier to provide utility bureau service too all sites across Pets at Home Group, to ensure that invoices are verified and validated before being paid.
* Management of energy metering arrangements, to drive increased data accuracy and visibility.
* Overall responsibility for BEMS performance in stores and usability of BEMS software. Accountable to provide the Facilities helpdesk with support and guidance material for all BEMS queries.
* Work with finance to manage budgeting and forecasting process for utility budgets and to provide weekly updates on Electricity consumption and cost to support financial risk and opportunity identification.
* Develop a group wide behavioural change programme to develop a pro-environment culture.
* Manage utility procurement (circa £10m per annum) and to develop and execute hedging / risk management strategy for electricity contract.
* Accountable for the management of general waste and the recycling contract and budget for all stores and vets. Responsible to act as the escalation point for queries and performance issues.
* Responsible to maintain position of sending zero waste to landfill, whilst increasingly recycling and looking to minimise costs.
* Manage hazardous waste contract, to provide annual service to all stores.
* To manage waste with a view to enhancing recycling levels at stores through behaviour change programmes.
* Identify opportunities to reuse our existing packaging and waste for closed loop opportunities.
* Manage water consumption to ensure that performance is in line with budget and forecast.
* Work with utility bureau and water supplier to consistently improve the quality and completeness of water data. Utilising data loggers / sub meters as required to improve data accuracy.
* Review water consumption patterns and trends to help identify opportunities for savings.
* Design, develop and deploy water saving countermeasures to reduce consumption and support Pet Welfare. Seeking CAPEX approval as needed.
* Manage compliance arrangements for all energy and environmental legislation. To include CRC compliance, Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS), Streamlined energy and carbon reporting regulations (SECR) and various waste and packaging legislation.
* Responsible for maintaining group Environmental Legal compliance register. To manage annual audit by external expert to identify any areas of potential non-compliance to then develop action plans to close these gaps.
* Responsible to stay up to date with new and emerging areas of energy & environmental legislation and how they may impact Pets at Home.
* Previous experience of managing energy usage across a large multisite business.
* Relevant post graduate technical and specialist Environmental / Energy qualifications (Energy Institute. NEBOSH and IEMA etc.)
* Excellent knowledge of energy and environmental legislation and its practical application.
* Able to effectively balance short term operational delivery with medium and long term strategic thinking and planning.
* Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels across the business.
* A 'can do' attitude with the capability to plan and see the bigger picture.
* Tenacity and resilience to challenge and coach and deliver in a high performance environment, where priorities can shift and change.
* Technical experience of working with BEM's and HVAC across a multisite portfolio desirable.
* Experience of working with custom built BEM's software / RDM.
* Salary up to £45,000 per annum, plus bonus
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-04-15
Expiry Date: 2019-07-15