Group Head of Construction
Full-Time, Up to £82,000 per annum
Base Salary: £ 76000.00 82000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £82,000 per annum (£76,000.00 - £82,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Group Head of Construction
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
The Group Head of Construction will be responsible for leading the department by establishing high performance standards in line with company goals to ensure all construction related activities for the Pets at Home Group are delivered to timescale, budget and quality, whilst maintaining excellent relationships with key stake holders.
* Leading the Construction Project Managers, providing guidance, strong leadership, effective communication and ensure succession planning is in place.
* Contribute to creation of the annual project programme and ensure delivery of all allocated projects on time and in full in accordance with internal Pets at Home specifications and industry codes of practice safely and within budget.
* Ensuring high levels of professional development throughout the team and accuracy of training records for the function.
* Ensure systems are in place to maintain accurate records of all on going activities
* Lead design team meetings and ensure formal documentation of all activities.
* Approve and sign off project designs
* Establish KPIs and ensure performance management processes are in place for all Contractors.
* Puts in place effective risk management processes to identify, quantify, monitor and minimise risks in projects.
* Working closely with the Group Development Director to develop new strategic initiatives on all elements of portfolio.
* Establish and maintain continuous improvement processes on all activities.
* Compile and submit budgets to Group Development Director
* Ensure effective processes are in place to support detailed tender analysis in appointment and selection of contractors.
* Manage on going contractor relationships across the Group and establishing clears SLA s.
* Be responsible for managing new concept deliveries and feasibilities
* Management of the Energy Manager and associated energy budget.
* Supporting with the rollout of capital projects and behavioural management programmes. The escalation across the group for these projects and programmes ensuring all costs tracked and signed off appropriately.
* Ensuring that the energy team develop an energy dashboard to manage and track all system/ discipline repairs effectively through the Facilities helpdesk.
* Educated to Degree / HNC or equivalent NVQ level in construction.
* Possess suitable H&S Qualifications - CSCS, Asbestos and IOSH Managing Safely Accreditation
* A demonstrable thorough understanding of building regulations applicable across the UK.
* Strong and effective communication skills.
* Exceptional commercial knowledge and experience in managing budgets and schedule of rates, ideally gained in quantity surveying.
* Possess exceptional organisational skills
* To have the experience and strong ability to prioritise tasks and workloads
* Possess strong leadership and motivational skills
* Possess experience in directly managing Construction Project Management teams
* Experience of working with demanding retail customers in fast paced environments.
* Experience of end to end project ownership and management
* Experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders
* Possess experience in managing project timelines and milestones and ensuring dates are met.
* Possess relevant experience in managing construction / fit out operations
* Possess training in up to date building regulations
* Be familiar with the full construction delivery process from design through to completion
* Willing to travel extensively including working away from home as required
* Possess experience of managing design teams and suppliers, chairing and producing meeting minutes
* Extensive knowledge and experience in JCT forms of contract
* Knowledge and experience in Framework agreements
* Ability to solve unstructured problems.
* Acting as the main escalation point on BEM's and heating related challenges across the group.
* Ensuring the effective collaboration between the energy team and the Facilities Helpdesk.
Measurable data (KPI's) & Project Value:
* Responsible for a multi-million pound programme budget
* Budget accountability for utilities budget (Electricity, Gas and Water) for circa £10m, waste budget of circa £900k and professional fees budget of circa £200k per annum.
* PM Average Project H&S Scores at least 80%
* PM Average retail scores of at least 80%
* PM Average Customer Journey score cards of at least 80%
* PM DAR Task/event management and completion of documentation at least 90% by PM's
* Annual Deliver of Projects within budget
* Direct management of the construction team and associated contract resource
* Salary up to £82,000 per annum, plus bonus
* Car Allowance
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-04-12
Expiry Date: 2019-07-12