Service Design Lead
Full-Time, Up to £30,000 per annum
Base Salary: £ 26000.00 30000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum (£26,000.00 - £30,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Service Design Lead
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Service Design lead to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire. Reporting into the Head of Service Delivery you will be responsible for ensuring the Service Design principles are embedded into any new or changed IT services. You will work closely with the Project Manager and architecture teams to ensure the Service Design is documented and successful handover in live service operation.
The ideal candidate will have previously held a Service Design or Service Transition job either as analyst or lead, you would hold an ITIL 3 Foundation certificate and have managed the move of project deliverables in to operational support. You will have relevant experience in gathering requirements, documenting and managing the Service Design process in order to fulfil Service Acceptance Criteria, written Support Models, Operational procedures, monitoring and alerting and other documentation supporting the go-live of new or changed services. You will have worked with support teams, service desks, and IT operations teams to ensure readiness for go-live and handover of new technology in to support, you are able to interpret contract or Service Level Agreements in order to deduce support provisions from third parties and their suitability for the technology and support capabilities.
* Provide support to the IT project and architecture team in ensuring that new or changed services are built with support principles in mind
* Ensure that Service Design documentation is completed as part of the project delivery lifecycle
* Ensure that support and operational procedures are understood and the system is operationally ready for ongoing support
* Ensure all support procedures including service levels are documented and agreed prior to go-live
* Drive the adoption of new services into the Service Management operational teams
* Produce documentation to monitor and measure the success of the Early life Support phase of the project
* Manage sign off / handover into Service Management / Operations with appropriate quality gate sign-off and with agreement from all key stakeholders
* Manage third party suppliers ensuring that service levels, roles and responsibilities and operational procedures are documented and agreed by all parties
* Embed a service management culture within the wider team and lead all service design activities.
* Experience of managing projects
* Managing third party suppliers to ensure they meet our service standards for solution design and delivery
* Ability to interpret contract or Service Level Agreements in order to detail support provisions from Third parties
* Ability to work cross functionality and build key relationships across business, Group IT and 3rd parties
* Understanding of the operational environments
* Salary up to £30,000 per annum
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-04-08
Expiry Date: 2019-07-08