Commercial Finance Analyst
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Commercial Finance Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst to work at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire. Reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager, you will act as one of the key finance contacts for the Trading Team. Key role responsibilities are as follows;
* Support senior Commercial Team with understanding key trends driving performance and support on the strategic initiative decision making process and review.
* Complete and interpret weekly trading sales and margin and supply chain reports performing analysis to highlight any issues and understand trends, formulating action plans with the trading team to mitigate areas of under-performance.
* Drive post launch range review analysis across categories following major range change activity and ensure analysis conducted and debriefed to cross functional teams on a timely basis.
* Conduct deep dive analysis on underperforming categories to understand key trends and work with trading team to develop a robust action plan to turnaround performance.
* Work closely with the trading team to produce a robust sales and margin plan. Ensure we are on track to achieve this plan through the periodic reforecasting process.
* Support with the completion of period end processes and board slide preparation.
* Support for market reporting requirements and provision of information to investors.
* Development and mentoring responsibility for finance graduate.
* You will be a fully qualified Accountant (CIMA or equivalent)
* You must have previous experience in a Commercial Finance role, preferably within retail
* You will have strong Excel skills with experience of using macros, Sumifs, pivot tables and graphs.
* You will have a high attention to detail.
* You will have the flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment.
* You will be a strong team player with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships.
* Competitive Salary
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-04-02
Expiry Date: 2019-06-28