Online Junior Buyer
Full-Time, from £25,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Base Salary: £ 25000.00 30000.00 YEAR
Salary: from £25,000 per annum, dependent on experience (£25,000.00 - £30,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Online Junior Buyer
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join as an Online Junior Buyer, working within our highly motivated and results driven Online Trading Team. The role will be based from our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire and will report into the Online Category Manager.
* Achieve sales and margin targets, as laid out in the Business Plan;
* With our customer first mindset it is key for us to carry out research to understand market trends and implement new and exciting products, at pace, as part of our extended online range;
* Liaise with the store buying team to understand how we can build on the fantastic ranges available in store and offer even more specialist and complementary products online;
* Manage the range review process for your online categories, adhering to the critical path to ensure products launch on time and are aligned to store;
* Support the core trading team in online trials across ranges and promotional mechanics;
* Create effective promotional plans, analyzing and sharing results in a timely fashion;
* Monitor price movements in the market and react accordingly to support our value strategy;
* This role also requires focus on the overall customer experience online for your categories, working closely with the wider digital team to optimise the customer journey wherever possible;
* Support the seamless customer journey strategy, allowing a customer to shop whenever and wherever.
* One of your key objectives will be to drive conversion - this could be through product assortment, pricing or category merchandising. There will be a focus on trialing, testing, learning and sharing results from all new initiatives. This aspect of the role will be analytics and results driven;
* Work with the digital marketing team on initiatives to drive awareness of your categories and key brands externally to help drive traffic to Petsathome.com;
* Collaborate with the online optimisation team to set up relevant cross sells and upsells for your products driving overall basket spend. You will also work with this team to optimise sales from search.
* Manage all marketing campaigns on the website - bringing both our branded and own brand initiatives to life
* Make sure we are aligned to all other channels across the business for key marketing campaigns;
* Manage the online promotional activity plan, liaising with the design, stock and digital comms teams to launch seamlessly;
* Manage relationships with our key suppliers. This will include meeting them regularly to discuss key campaign launches and managing their marketing spend effectively to support online activity;
* Negotiate incremental income through annual joint business plans with key suppliers;
* Develop effective and productive working relationships with cross functional teams within the business, and ensure that our trading strategy and customer delivery is fully aligned
* The online environment is fast paced and candidate must be able to react at pace to any opportunities and be able to prioritise their workload to deliver the most impactful results;
* The successful candidate will have previous experience of working within a fast moving, retail buying environment as an Assistant or Junior buyer;
* It would be an advantage if you have online buying experience; however, this is not essential;
* You will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both within and outside of the organisation as well as having negotiating experience and keen attention to detail;
* You will be keen to learn from others and engage help from across the business which will enable you to both develop yourself as well as the role;
* The online trading environment is fast paced and requires flexibility coupled with attention to detail and the ability to think laterally;
* Salary from £25,000 per annum, dependent on experience
* 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2019-03-26
Expiry Date: 2019-06-26