Full-Time, Up to £33,000 per annum
Base Salary: £ 30000.00 33000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £33,000 per annum (£30,000.00 - £33,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to take a key role in our new in-house software testing capability. It will involve working closely with the Business and IT teams to help shape the delivery of a high quality, robust and reliable software testing function as a key element of the wider change delivery function. You will deliver tangible business benefits to the entire Pets at Home group, working with both internal and external stakeholders to bring best of breed testing practices to the group. The position is based in Handforth and there will be opportunities to visit our other key sites throughout the UK.
* To undertake Quality Assurance checks for internal and third-party supplier developments to ensure that only 'fit-for-purpose' code is delivered into Production.
* Scope, develop and execute structured test scenarios and scripts.
* Prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including test plans, test scripts, expected and actual results, regression packs, planning estimates, and activity schedules.
* Ensure that all appropriate testing has been completed by internal development teams or third-party suppliers prior to entry into testing.
* Undertake all system, functional and integration test-related activities mapped to business requirements for the provision of new and updated systems.
* Support other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities.
* Work closely with the business and project teams to ensure that testing requirements are fully understood, documented and carried out.
* Represent the department at workshops, meetings, and with individual business or technical representatives to cover test-dependent activities such as requirement verification, prioritisation, and test scenario identification.
* Experience of working on IT projects in either a development or testing role, ideally gained within either a retail or multi-channel / eCommerce environment
* Ability to prioritise issues based on their risk and the business requirements
* Ability to understand technical systems and use knowledge to diagnose issues
* Strong analytical skills for requirements gathering
* Ability to anticipate user behaviour or risks to systems
* A detailed understanding of the various testing concepts (functional, usability, performance, etc.)
* Flexible & adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances
* Ability to understand technical briefs and documentation and create tests from these
* Strong communication skills which will enable you to understand business requirements and explain and articulate IT solutions to non-IT personnel.
* ISEB / ISTQB certification
* Experience of using test management tools for the recording of test scripts and execution results
* Exposure to both manual and automated testing techniques
* Exposure to both agile and waterfall software development methods
* Experience working in functional, performance and regression testing.
* Salary up to £33,000 per annum + Bonus
* 28 days annual holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years continuous service
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2018-12-13
Expiry Date: 2019-04-26