Information Security Officer
Full-Time, Up to £52,000 per annum
Base Salary: £ 47000.00 52000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £52,000 per annum (£47,000.00 - £52,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Information Security Officer
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
The Information Security Officer plays an integral part in the development, implementation, and compliance of technical security across the enterprise. The Officer is responsible for managing risks related to information security, physical security, business continuity planning, crisis management, privacy, and compliance. In addition, the Officer ensures all staff members are trained on enterprise and governmental security requirements through awareness programs.
* Develop and implement security standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for the enterprise
* Ensure and monitor security compliance with industry and government rules and regulations
* Coordinate with technology and business groups to assess, implement, and monitor IT-related security
* Understand the trade-offs required to manage the different levels of risk tolerance and risk exposure
* across the organization and balance this with risk investments
* Report security performance against established security metrics
* Ensure security complies and meets all service level agreement requirements
* Create an information security awareness program to ensure staff members across the organization
* understand the trade-off between risk and return
* Understands "voice of the customer" and develops mechanisms to proactively sense adoption and usage
* patterns of consumer technologies by end users so that policy can align with need
* Information security incident management
* Bachelors or master's degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration, or related discipline.
* 5-10 Years professional experience in running the information security office analyzing and applying information security, risk management, and privacy practices
* PCI DSS and ISO27001 experience
* Extensive experience in strategic planning, budgeting, and allocation
* Consulting and general industry experience
* Experience in law enforcement and/or national security is highly relevant
* Knowledge of national and international regulatory compliances and frameworks such as ISO, SOX, BASEL II, EU DPD, HIPAA, and PCI DS
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to react to high pressure dynamic changing environments
* Ability to train security concepts to all areas of the business
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Salary up to £52,000 per annum
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2018-12-13
Expiry Date: 2019-05-31