Lead Developer (IT)
Full-Time, Up to £56,000 per annum
Base Salary: £ 52000.00 56000.00 YEAR
Salary: Up to £56,000 per annum (£52,000.00 - £56,000.00)
Hours: Full-Time FULL_TIME
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to shape, grow and lead our new in house software development team. It will involve working closely with the Business and IT teams to deliver high quality, usable & reliable software to the business, as part of the wider change delivery function. You will deliver real tangible business benefits to the entire Pets at Home group, working with both internal and external stakeholders to support innovation, efficiency improvements and new solutions. The position is based in Handforth and there will be opportunities to visit our other key sites throughout the UK.
* To lead and manage a team of software developers, supporting them in building industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions, developing enhanced business functionality and improved customer experience.
* To be responsible for the roles, responsibilities and recruitment of the Development Team, ensuring sustainable growth with a blend of skills appropriate to the challenges of Pets at Home.
* To develop and enforce a set of development principles and standards for the Pets At Home Group.
* Support the on-going evolution of Pets at Home SDLC, playing an active role in its development.
* To be a decision making and influencing member of the technology department senior team.
* To govern application development in order to ensure conformance to architectural designs and principles
* Ensure the personal development and growth of team members, identifying appropriate development and training opportunities to grow individual and team capability.
* To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
* To be responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring clean, structured, error free and well documented code, and that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
* To manage the development pipeline, resource allocation, planning, delivery and budgeting across the development team.
* To develop a strategy for the team to meet the company's goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of the service it delivers internally and externally.
* Creating and maintaining a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are focussed on delivering excellence and quality.
* An experienced software developer with strong and successful technical delivery lead experience. 5+ years of senior experience leading software development.
* Advanced knowledge & experience of programming languages including .NET, iOS (Swift and Objective C), web services (SOAP & REST), and methodologies including Agile.
* Experience of managing, directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives
* Able to produce top quality written specifications, strategy and implementation communication
* Articulate and able to engage senior stakeholders across business and IT groups to ensure delivery transparency and success.
* Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
* Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
* Experience in analysing business requirements in order to deliver strategic goals and development initiatives.
* Good leadership, professional attitude, leading by example
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
* Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
* Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
* Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills
* Salary up to £56,000 per annum
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home https://www.petsathomejobs.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Date Posted: 2018-12-06
Expiry Date: 2019-05-31