Tax Manager - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home are a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation committed to excellence in all aspects of our operations. We are currently seeking a dedicated Tax Manager to become an integral part of our team. Reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax, this position offers a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping our tax strategies and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Lead on the preparation of corporation tax computations and forecasting quarterly instalment payments, including liaising with external tax advisors as necessary.
- The preparation of tax disclosures for inclusion in the Group and subsidiary company financial statements under IFRS including working with external auditors.
- Preparation of quarterly UK VAT returns.
- Reviewing and looking for improvements in the tax control environment for the Group and maintaining all relevant supporting documentation to support the annual sign-off of the Senior Accounting Officer certificate.
- Preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreement calculations.
- Providing support to the wider business with strategic initiatives as well as ad hoc projects and advising on the tax implications of such projects.
- 3 years or more experience working in tax either for a professional services firm or in industry.
- Strong corporate tax knowledge and experience of preparing corporation tax returns.
- Experience of preparing tax disclosures for inclusion in financial statements under IFRS
As the role is a mixed taxes role, previous experience of preparing or reviewing VAT returns would be beneficial, although it is not a requirement for the role.
As the Group uses Alphatax software to prepare corporation tax computations, practical experience of Alphatax would be beneficial but is not a requirement for the role.
Location: Handforth Office SK9 3RN, hybrid working (On-site 1-2 days per week)
Essential Qualifications :
- CTA, ACA, ACCA, CA Qualified or equivalent.
Role specific Competencies
- Credible and influential, confident working with people of all levels and have a proven track record for developing positive working relationships and influencing stakeholders.
- A clear communicator both written and verbal.
- Highly numerate and analytical, able to summarise and assimilate information to understand issues, have solid judgement to support good decision making.
- Determined to get to the root cause of issues and make evidence-based recommendations, with a professional curiosity and a drive to get things right.
- Great at planning, prioritisation and organising.
- A team player who can operate remotely and on own initiative but also within a wider team.
- Recognises the importance of continuous self-development and actively strives to achieve this.
- Evidence of being an active listener, strong team player and willingness to develop new skills and capabilities.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for tax and a desire to contribute to the success of a growing organisation, we encourage you to apply.
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours we want to hear from you!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 02-02-2024
Expiry Date: 03-03-2024