Deputy Store Manager - 39 hours
Full-time, £26,000 - £32,000
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 3, Manor Park, High Street, Feltham, Greater London, TW13 4EX
Deputy Store Manager Designate – Feltham
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our range of Pet Care Centres, Pets Grooming salons, and Vets for Pets practices around the UK. Our Pet Care Centres are community-focused pet care stores – where local people work with local pet owners and help local pets.
What’s the role?
As a Deputy Store Manager Designate, you will be working in one of several stores within the local area. You will be a vital member of the store management team. You will be involved in absolutely everything of the store's running, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards. The Store Managers you’ll be working with will empower you to ensure that your team are maximising sales and performance across all primary KPI's. You will lead from the front with a hands-on approach. You will inspire your team, inject fun into the workplace and create a truly fantastic place to shop and work. A Designate role is a great way to experience working with different teams and different sized stores to develop your management skills. When recruiting for Deputy Manager Designates, we intend that you’ll complete a few months in a Designate role but that you will be allocated to a specific store as their Deputy Store Manager.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the 'Best Pet Care Business in the World'. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, opportunity to earn an annual bonus, as well as a comprehensive range of benefits.
Who are we looking for?
• Experienced in working within the retail sector with a minimum of 1 year’s management experience.
• Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 7 days a week.
• Passionate for retail and has a proven track record of delivering high standards and great results.
• A team player with excellent communication skills to engage and inspire your team.
• Ready to take on 6 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
We reward and recognise our managers in ways that matter to them. Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
• Annual bonus
• at least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours)
• Extra day off for your birthday
• Life Assurance - 4 times your annual salary
• Company pension contribution of 4%
• Colleague discount of 20% across the Group (Pets at Home, Pets Grooming, Vets for Pets), including 30% off on own brand
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening.
“Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets, and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in, and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you!”
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
Click here for more details and other benefits
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 02-02-2024
Expiry Date: 02-03-2024