Practice Owner Development Lead - 39 hours per week
Full-time, £40,000 - £50,000
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Are you passionate about cultivating successful leaders and driving business excellence? We have an exciting opportunity for a Practice Owner Development Lead to join our dynamic team!
About the role
As a Practice Owner Development Lead, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of our new veterinary practice owners. Your focus will be twofold – first, to seamlessly support the onboarding and development of new practice owners in their crucial first 12 months, and second, to empower both existing and new veterinary practice owners with a comprehensive skill set, fostering leadership and commercial expertise.
This role will work on a hybrid basis from our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire (two days per week), but will also involve regular national travel.
Key Responsibilities will include;
Training Design & Delivery
- Designing and executing an impactful training and support program for veterinary practice owners, collaborating with the wider Learning & Development function
- Implementing comprehensive training programs, utilising psychometric assessments to enhance leadership and management skills
Onboarding and Induction
- Collaborating with the Partnerships team to identify and assess developmental needs, creating customised onboarding and induction programs
- Integrating psychometric insights into onboarding processes for a tailored approach
- Conducting personalised one-on-one coaching sessions, integrating psychometric feedback to guide practice owners during their initial stages
- Facilitating group coaching sessions to foster effective collaboration within practices, providing tailored support
Continuous Learning & Development
- Developing and implementing continuous learning initiatives, incorporating psychometric tools to support veterinary practice owners throughout their first year
Best Practice & Industry Insight
- Staying updated on industry trends and best practices, especially in psychometric assessments, aligning the training curriculum with evolving demands
- Contributing to the profitability and performance of our vet businesses by equipping practice owners with essential skills and knowledge
- Empowering veterinary business owners to make informed decisions benefiting themselves, their practices and colleagues
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven leadership development expertise, utilising various assessment methodologies
- Strong experience in training design and development on both individual and group levels
- Director-level coaching and support experience
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Commercial knowledge of business management
- Experience in a partnership/business owner model is desirable
- Previous work in a large, complex organisation is desirable
- Experience with clinical professionals, ideally in a veterinary environment is desirable
- Commercial Acumen: Understanding the business aspects of veterinary practices, incorporating psychometric insights
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication, adept at conveying complex concepts and providing constructive feedback
- Adaptability: Tailoring learning programs to meet diverse needs and adapt strategies based on evolving business landscapes
- Collaboration: Work seamlessly with recruitment teams and stakeholders, integrating psychometric tools where relevant
- Problem Solving: Identify challenges faced by practice owners and devise practical solutions using psychometric assessments
- Empathy: Demonstrate understanding and empathy towards the unique challenges of veterinary practice ownership, leveraging psychometric insights for a holistic approach
If you're ready to make a significant impact on Practice Owner development, and contribute to the success of our veterinary businesses, apply now! Join us on our journey to create thriving leaders in the field.
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you!
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 19-02-2024
Expiry Date: 24-02-2024