Internal Communications Specialist - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Office Days: Tuesday & Wednesday – You may be required to be in more, depending on business needs.
As Internal Communications Specialist, reporting into the Internal Communications Manager, you will support us to achieve our internal communications objectives to engage, inspire and support our Colleagues, enhancing our communications activity to maximise leadership and colleague engagement. Working closely with the Internal Communications Manager, you will be required to evolve our internal comms channels and content to better connect our Colleagues and effectively communicate our purpose and vision.
You will create inspiring and engaging content that promotes an environment where our Colleagues understand and feel motivated by their contribution to our role as a business. Whilst supporting our Colleagues to embody our values and behaviours.
Key elements of role will see you implementing and shaping impactful communications to deliver the business’ strategic priorities for the year and beyond, aligning comms and messaging with this and actively reaching out to senior leaders in a confident way to curate content and source stories from around the business.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Content sourcing, curation and copywriting for internal audiences
- Adapting content for external channels to share internally
- Maintaining central colleague intranet content – to include stakeholder engagement, consulting, planning, publishing & auditing
- Holding editorial control over Pets Intranet content.
- Ownership of Shoal agenda and content development - including alignment with business sync plan, script prep, deck creation and stakeholder outreach
- Ownership of CEO Diary content planning and curation in line with business sync plan and Exec key priorities – planning agendas, confidently engaging with leadership team for filming and video compilation editing
- Bespoke content resourcing and development – e.g. The Vet Report etc
- Support the wider communications team to ensure the smooth delivery of the overarching calendar of activity and take a hands-on approach to shaping and delivering internal communications content.
- Build comms plans and work with Business Change team to ensure delivery of communications for key transformation programmes
- Confidently engage with content owners from teams across the business, actively sourcing content and participation for both digital channels and in-person events such as The Shoal.
- Support Digital Communications Specialist to curate Executive team profiling content across owned social media channels.
- Establish a regular reporting system to measure impact and effectiveness of internal communications activity.
- Key measurements to cover engagement level and colleague sentiment.
- Oversight of Pets Comms inbox, colleague Facebook group management, ad hoc live Teams event support, Teams notifications and TV Screen updates.
About You – what you will bring to the role.
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint
- Comfortable using Canva, including video editing
- Demonstrable 5 years+ previous experience in an internal communications role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to adapt style according to audience and channel
- Experience of working across a broad range of media and channels
- Strong planning and organisation skills – ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and changing deadlines
- Analytical skills, able to report on content performance and provide recommendations to continuously improve
- Creative flair - knows how to make content more compelling, visually, interactively and written.
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Self-starter, self-driven and ability to think through problems
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets, and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in, and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 20-02-2024
Expiry Date: 28-02-2024