Construction Project Manager - 39 hours
Full-time, £50,000 - £55,000
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Geographical area: Field based role that will cover North Yorkshire & North East area. National travel may also be required.
About the Pets at Home Vet Group
At the Pets at Home Group we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
Pets at Home Vet Group has 440 practices, approximately 400 of which are operated as individual Joint Venture businesses. Over 400 practices operate under the Vet4Pets brand and the remainder are Companion Care. Our Joint Venture model is unique to the UK vet market and it offers ambitious vets an early route to practice ownership with professional support on financing, IT, People, Marketing and supplier relations. Each partner has full clinical freedom to do whatever they believe to be right for each individual patient, including using the products of their choice. The owner mentality drives superior performance once the practice reaches maturity, compared to the typical company-owned model.
It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique. Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Pets at Home is seeking a dynamic and experienced Construction Project Manager to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a nationally based team delivering major fit-out and refurbishment projects across a large and growing portfolio of practices, both inside Pets at Home stores and stand-alone practices. The role will be field-based, requiring significant UK travel to support business needs.
- Manage and deliver high-quality veterinary surgeries and veterinary surgery refurbishments to quality standards, on time, and within budget.
- Work closely with external Quantity Surveyors to scope projects, develop budgets, and prepare all necessary project documentation.
- Build strong relationships and liaise with landlords, developers, and internal departments to ensure smooth project delivery.
- Maintain strong relationships with Joint Venture Partners, external consultants, suppliers, and approved pool of contractors, ensuring a strong team ethic and delivering best value at all times.
- Contribute to departmental continual improvement initiatives and manage and continually improve site Health & Safety and statutory compliance.
- Provide technical advice, drive innovation, and seek opportunities to ensure the business remains at the forefront of the industry.
Key Skills Required:
- Previous construction-based Project Management experience gained within a clinical environment.
- Ability to manage multi-site projects within challenging timescales.
- Strong understanding of customers and the role the Development team plays in delivering the present and future business plan.
- Passion for ensuring completeness and excellence in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Excellent organisational skills, proven to work to strict deadlines across all aspects of the project.
- Good knowledge of construction Health & Safety legislation and the ability to translate this into improved site standards.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate others to deliver results.
- Committed team player with self-motivation and ability to operate remotely.
- Ability to lead the way in driving standards in both process and quality.
- Solid track record of innovation and change.
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours we want to hear from you!
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Company car provided
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 08-02-2024
Expiry Date: 01-03-2024