Transactional Finance Accounts Assistant (Treasury) - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the role
Responsible for the bank account reconciliations for all support office bank accounts.
Ensure that all bank account postings are made to the SAP system.
Ensure all non-BACS payment are raised and processed on the SAP system.
Key responsibilities (will include, but not limited to)
- Seen as the key point of contact for the finance team for any questions regarding bank postings and reconciliations.
- Ensure all non-Accounts Payable payments have the appropriate back up in accordance with our internal controls policy, are processed on time, clear the bank and are recorded correctly.
- Ensure the cash flow is maintained accurately.
- Use banking downloads to update the excel cashflow report daily.
- Daily postings and reconciliation of all support office bank accounts.
- Resolving payment queries.
- Processing manual payments requests on the SAP system.
- Process the periodic net cash transfer to the Joint Venture Partners.
- Writing and updating process notes and training documents.
- Answering ad-hoc queries and providing support as requested.
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested.
What we see in you:
- AAT (part or qualified) preferred, but not mandatory
- Working within a similar sized accounts department and particularly experience on bank reconciliations would be advantageous although not essential.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound Excel skills and knowledge of other MS Office applications.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities, complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- A team player.
- Enthusiastic, positive and determined.
- Bring your Pet to work!
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Shopping discounts and more!
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours we want to hear from you!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 09-02-2024
Expiry Date: 01-03-2024