Dog Grooming Vacancy - 39 hours
Full-time, £26,500 - £26,500
Salary: £26,500 - £26,500
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 4, Bridge Street Retail Park, Bridge Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1NJ
Dog Grooming Head Stylist – Cirencester
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our Pet Care Centres, which includes Pets Grooming salons, and Vets for Pets practices around the UK.
What’s the role?
Our Head Stylists are critical to the success of our Pets Grooming salons. You will be responsible for all aspects of pet grooming, able to confidently deliver a full and thorough groom of a high standard. As Head Stylist, you will lead from the front with a hands-on approach setting the standard of high-quality grooms within the salon. You will be responsible for the standard and delivery of grooming, responding to requests for advanced grooming and upskilling and motivating your salon team. All whilst offering a great experience and driving the commercials forward.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the 'Best Pet Care Business in the World'. You'll enjoy a competitive base pay, with opportunities to earn through our Earn As You Learn training programmes, as well as being able to achieve additional pay supplements through extra training.
Who are the team?
We are seeking a talented and experienced Dog Grooming Head Stylist to join our dedicated team at our spacious salon. Working alongside two Stylists and one Assistant Stylist, all full-time. You'll also collaborate with a group of 12 or 13 Colleagues on the shop floor. Our team is known for its expertise, self-sufficiency, and camaraderie, ensuring a supportive and rewarding work environment. As the winner of the store of the month last month, we take pride in our commitment to excellence and continuous improvement. Located on a bustling retail park, our salon offers easy accessibility, with free parking and proximity to the main road. If you're ready to take the lead in delivering exceptional grooming services and contribute to our success, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of our salon. Apply now and become a valued member of our thriving team!
Who are we looking for?
• People who are passionate about delivering a great service.
• Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 7 days a week. You will receive a minimum contract of 39 hours, but you will often be required to work more hours to cover busy periods, absences, and holidays.
• Demonstrates confidence and possesses a good and demonstratable understanding of dog grooming, styles/trends and able to complete a high standard groom, using these techniques from start to finish on different breeds.
• Has experience of working within a customer-facing salon environment.
• Preferably you will have worked in a target driven environment, but if not, happy to work in one.
It's fast-paced, innovative, fun, and we put people at the very heart of everything we do.
Our culture is friendly and inclusive. Each one of our teams is unique because we welcome everyone, and everyone can be themselves. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
We reward and recognise our Head Stylists in ways that matter to them. Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
• Annual bonus
• at least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours.
• Extra day off for your birthday
• Life Assurance - 4 times your annual salary
• Company pension contribution of 4%
• Colleague discount of 20% across the Group (Pets at Home, Pets Grooming, Vets for Pets), including 30% off on own brand
To apply or to discuss the role in more detail, please e mail GRRecruitment@petsathome.co.uk
Please don't worry if you don't have an up-to-date CV, we would love to hear from you anyway!
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience.
“Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets, and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in, and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you!”
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
Click here for more details and other benefits
Organisation: The Groom Room
Date Posted: 12-02-2024
Expiry Date: 13-03-2024