HR - Colleague Relations Advisor - 39 hours
Full-time, £30,000 - £30,000
Salary: £30,000 - £30,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Colleague Relations Advisor
Hybrid: Handforth Support Office & Home
About the Role
As a Colleague Relations Advisor, you will be responsible for delivering a proactive HR service to our Retail Stores, Grooming Salons (across the UK) and Support Office (based in Handforth). This role is challenging, busy and very rewarding and you will be joining a team who are energetic and focused on achieving the highest standards and exceeding our consumers’ expectations.
• Provide timely, professional HR advice to Line Managers particularly on policies and procedures, with a commercial mindset at the heart of everything you do. This will be mainly telephone based and in written format via email but could also be face to face where required.
• Take responsibility for your own Colleague Relation cases and work as a team to proactively case manage based on priority and risk to the business to ensure that the right support is in place, at the right time, and concluded appropriately.
• Promote HR best practice whilst carefully balancing recommendations, and commercially viable options to support their own individual business circumstances and performance.
• Coach and support Line Managers who are involved in Colleague Relation cases to ensure they fulfil their role effectively.
• Check and advise on outcome letters for individual cases whilst supporting and upskilling those who are overall responsible for producing them, at the same time.
• Maintain awareness of the impact of employment legislation changes and ensure up to date legal compliance in all HR activities.
• Ensure that you always work within the boundaries of current employment legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when handling colleague data and throughout the activities or projects you are involved in.
• Support with reviewing and updating policies including development of new policies.
• Support the Director of People Services, Colleague Relations Manager, Senior Colleague Relations Manager, People Partnering team to deliver strategic People projects.
• Role model effective working relationships across the wider People team and business.
• To work within the values and behaviours of the Company and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards colleagues and all stakeholders.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Previous Human Resources experience required, including guiding and support managers in complex People issue over the telephone.
• Working knowledge of UK employment law essential.
• CIPD Level 5 qualified or working towards qualification/equivalent is desirable.
• Strong collaborative team player.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to show initiative,strong service delivery focus.
• Ability to work under pressure, time manage and work to deadlines.
• Good problem-solving skills and diplomacy, flexible, pragmatic, and commercial approach.
• Sound administrative and IT skills, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets, and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in, and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 08-02-2024
Expiry Date: 01-03-2024