Events Coordinator *12 months FTC* - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Hybrid ( 2 days office, 3 WFH)
To support the growth and delivery of our event portfolio, we are seeking a committed and enthusiastic Event Coordinator to join our events team on a maternity leave cover basis. As this is a small team, it will provide the right candidate a great opportunity for personal development and opportunity to step into the spotlight. You will assist with the development, planning, and delivery of our annual events calendar across the Pets at Home family, including conferences, trade exhibitions, charity events, gala dinners and virtual events as well as bespoke events outside of the regular calendar.
The ideal candidate will be well organised, hands-on and have a high degree of accuracy and organisation with the ability to deal with a number of events simultaneously, as well as interact and build strong business relationships with key stakeholders of the business. There will be occasional requirements to work events over weekends and overnight stays. Wherever possible, and where it doesn’t impact on our ability to put pets and consumers first, we also offer flexible working to help strike a good balance between home and work life.
Requirements for the Role
Essential: Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (C and above) including Maths and English or equivalent.
Preferred: A qualification or previous experience in Marketing or Events Management
- Experience of planning and coordinating events
- Strong administrative background and communication skills
- Experience of sourcing and contracting venues
- Experience of working with colleague of all levels, including senior leadership
- Experience working with external suppliers.
- Experience working on exhibitions/ congresses (ideally)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to multi task, attention to detail and a creative approach
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to show initiative but also a strong collaborative team player
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Methodical, organised and structured approach to work
- Manage own time and workload effectively
- Able to build strong and productive working relationships with colleagues
- Able to use own initiative and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors
- Proven ability to adhere to budget process
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, proactive team member, creative thinker
- Excellent administrative and IT skills
- Passion for people and pets
- Colleague-centric with a focus on event delivery
- Enjoy being part of a busy team, be flexible to take on the challenges this brings
- The flexibility and willingness to learn, to enjoy working with people
- Enthusiastic, positive and determined
- Champion of ‘doing the right thing’
- The willingness to occasionally work outside of normal office hours and attend events on evenings and weekends.
- Working within the values of the Company to display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards colleagues and all stakeholders
- To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role, keeping up to date with the changes within the event industry
- Venue sourcing and negotiation
- Research Congress opportunities
- Speaker and supplier sourcing, contracting and coordination
- Event diary administration
- Event material collation for key stakeholders
- Onsite event coordination (sometimes overnight and on weekends)
- Delegate registration, liaison and administration
- Develop creative and innovative ideas
- Post event feedback collation and evaluation
- Event logistics including transportation, accommodation and delivery of event materials
- Administration of event communication
- Work with the marketing team to create effective materials for each event
- Coordinating event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list
- Coordinating multiple events at once
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business, providing pets and their owners with the very best advice, products and care. Pet products are available online or from over 450 stores, many of which also have vet practices and grooming salons. The business also operates a leading small animal veterinary business, with 444 veterinary General Practices located both in stores and in standalone locations.
We have an ambitious plan to become “The Best Pet Care Platform in the world” and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way is by engaging with our most cherished assets: our People, our Culture and our Consumers. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver Our Better World Pledge, to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone can come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
We’re driven by putting pet welfare first and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets, and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in, and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 20-11-2023
Expiry Date: 16-12-2023