Engineering Technician - 39 hours
Full-time, £31,000 - £46,500
Salary: £31,000 - £46,500
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stafford North Park Business Park, Stone Road, Stafford, ST18 9SE
Pets at Home has recently opened a new state of the art fulfilment centre in Stafford.
This new facility includes a high degree of automation, including an automated storage and retrieval system and associated conveyance, designed to streamline and improve the existing e-commerce side of the business.
We are looking to recruit engineering technicians with experience in the maintenance of MHE (materials handling equipment) and other assets, to compliment the operation of the facility.
The engineering technician will be responsible in providing both a reactive and pro-active maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the FC. The role has a direct impact on the site, its productivity and operation. If equipment is not available or performs badly, it minimizes the capacity and throughout of the site.
You will be required to work 5 out 7 days on a shift pattern that will determined upon job offer. You are required to work days and nights with a pattern of 2 weeks of days and 2 weeks of nights.
Key job responsibilities
- To put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out, ensuring compliance with all health & safety standards and regulations
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site
- To react quickly to breakdowns, and to communicate clearly with affected parties and to work efficiently to fix the issue
- To support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager
- To provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers
- To support the management of contractors
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems
- Experience fault finding within MHE (Material Handling Equipment)/Automation systems
- Experience in interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
You'll bring with you
- Experience of sortation machines
- Experience in maintaining/configuring bar code scanners
- Experience with print and apply machines
- Experience in fault finding on building equipment i.e HVAC, dock doors, plumbing, electrical and general building maintenance tasks
We’re not just another retailer. So this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
Along the way, they get to enjoy all the training and development they need to succeed. Plus a comfortable, dynamic working environment that also has computer workspaces, communication zones and our own canteen.
Our colleagues live and breathe the Pets at Home values, bringing them to work every day to deliver for our customers. The teams within our distribution centres play a vital role by ensuring our stores are stocked with exactly what they need, when they need it.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 19-09-2023
Expiry Date: 07-10-2023