UX Researcher - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our rapidly expanding UX team in the role of UX Researcher.
As the UX Researcher, you will work closely to support our Product & UX teams to understand our customers needs, leading to the creation of useful, usable, and highly engaging product experiences. Working with key stakeholders across various cross functional business areas, you will provide impactful user insights at all stages of the product development lifecycle, in order to influence and inform a customer driven design approach.
With knowledge and experience of working in various research methods, you will champion and provide a customer lens by conducting primary research such as usability testing, user interviews, surveys, card sorting, tree testing, field studies and more.
- Collaboration with design and product teams to plan, design, prepare and run user research activities.
- Design and run discovery research to develop a deep understanding of the needs of our users.
- Manage the usability testing process from recruiting participants, designing tasks, and preparing discussion guides, to test moderation, analysis and presenting results.
- Effectively communicating user research findings to the team and the wider organisation, including formal reports and presentations at show and tells.
- Maintaining research outputs so they are shareable and traceable.
- Helping to promote a collaborative, user centric culture through group analysis, workshops, and ideation sessions.
- Experience conducting and leading research.
- Experience of designing, facilitating, and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Strong understanding of strengths and limitations of different research methods.
- Experience of presenting user research findings in a wide variety of formats and contexts.
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for user centred design practices.
- Confident in planning and prioritising your own workload.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
About Our Benefits
On offer, together with a greenfield career opportunity, we have a strong and competitive benefits package in addition to the base salary.
- 10% Bonus potential
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare options
- Share options
- Group Discounts
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
If you are passionate about user research, dedicated to creating exceptional user experiences, and ready to take on a challenging role within a dynamic team, we would love to hear from you.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-09-2023
Expiry Date: 25-10-2023