Transactional Finance Assistant - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Handforth (Hybrid Working)
About the Role
We are recruiting for a Transactional Finance Assistant to work predominantly in our Accounts Payable team but may also be required to support in the Accounts Receivable and Cash and Banking Teams when required. You will be required to manage your own workload, tasks and deadlines within your role. It is imperative that you follow procedures and ensure Suppliers are paid to term. You will demonstrate an ability to react quickly to situations and deliver at pace, whilst ensuring business critical situations are prevented. Should a business-critical situation become imminent you will ensure priority is given to report and escalate the matter to your line Manager.
- Responsible for the management of the end to end accounts payable process for the vendors assigned to you.
- Establish and build strong relationships both internal and external to ensure excellent levels of communication.
- Ensure the accurate entry of invoices and credit notes in the agreed SLA times to ensure vendors are paid to term within SAP ECC environment
- Follow Discount Vendor process to ensure discounts are taken correctly.
- Monitor and ensure parked invoices are released to meet supplier terms for payment on time. Ensuring no recurrent issues.
- Participate in Projects to drive change and efficiencies, including automation of invoices, purchase ledger workshops.
- Adhere to SLA’s set to ensure productivity is optimised and the best customer service is achieved.
- Weekly meeting with supervisor to discuss Aged Creditors, GRNI, Payment Practice Report.
- Complete statement reconciliations and resolve reconciling items to ensure accounts are paid on time, preventing accounts from going on stop.
- Continually review and report recurrent issues that cause inefficiencies or jeopardise vendors being paid on time.
- Ensure Queries and overdue accounts are managed and resolved quickly as to prevent business critical situations, escalating in accordance with SLA’s.
- Attend periodic 1-2-1 meetings with the AP Supervisor.
- Attend training to ensure performance is maximised and individual potential is reached.
- Achieve Objectives and take part in performance reviews throughout the year to monitor performance.
- Continually review and plan your own personal development plan.
- Lead by example and demonstrate PAH behaviours at all times.
- Report into and work closely with your line manager.
- Train and multi skill with other Transactional Finance Team Roles so you are multi skilled to become a Transactional Finance Assistant to cover all areas of the department.
- Cover Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Previous experience in similar role would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very good excel skills – knowledge of pivot tables and lookup formulas
- Highly organised
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 22-09-2023
Expiry Date: 07-10-2023