Dog Groomer - Morpeth - 39 hours
Full-time, £11.35 - £11.35
Salary: £11.35 - £11.35
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 2, Stanley Terrace, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 1PA
Stylist (Dog Groomer) – Morpeth
Our customers love us and we think you will too!
"Great staff excellent service!"
"Fabulous job grooming my dog very understanding and professional"
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our Pet Care Centres, which includes Pets Grooming salons, and Vets for Pets practices around the UK.
Morpeth salon is proud to have been nominated for 'best salon in Northumberland' in the Northumberland Business Awards. You will be joining a friendly and busy team consisting of a Head Stylist and another Stylist. Set in a fantastic location, just on the edge of the town centre, we are surrounded by shops and restaurants. Our salon has air conditioning with parking and a nearby bus stop.
What’s the role?
Our Stylists are critical to the success of our Pets Grooming salons. You will be responsible for all aspects of pet grooming and required to confidently deliver a full and thorough groom of a high standard. You will exceed our customers' expectations by providing a great service within the salon. Your excellent communication skills will be utilised as you deal with customers and their pets daily.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the 'Best Pet Care Business in the World'. You'll enjoy a competitive base pay, with opportunities to earn through our Earn As You Learn training programmes, as well as being able to achieve additional pay supplements through extra training.
Who are we looking for?
• People who are passionate about delivering a great service.
• Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 6 days a week – we are closed on Sundays! You will receive a minimum contract of 39 hours, but you will often be required to work more hours to cover busy periods, absences, and holidays.
• Demonstrates confidence and possesses a good and demonstratable understanding of dog grooming, styles/trends and able to complete a high standard groom, using these techniques from start to finish on different breeds.
• Has experience of working within a customer-facing salon environment.
• Preferably you will have worked in a target driven environment, but if not, happy to work in one.
It's fast-paced, innovative, fun, and we put people at the very heart of everything we do.
Our culture is friendly and inclusive. Each one of our teams is unique because we welcome everyone, and everyone can be themselves. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
We reward and recognise our Stylists in ways that matter to them. Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
• A certified iPet Level 3 training programme and qualification.
• Annual bonus
• At least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours)
• Extra day off for your birthday
• Life Assurance - 4 times your annual salary
• Company pension contribution of 4%
• Colleague discount of 20% across the Group (Pets at Home, Pets Grooming, Vets for Pets), including 30% off on own brand
To apply or to discuss the role in more detail, please e mail GRRecruitment@petsathome.co.uk
Please don't worry if you don't have an up-to-date CV, we would love to hear from you anyway!
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening. Thank you.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
Click here for more details and other benefits
Organisation: The Groom Room
Date Posted: 14-09-2023
Expiry Date: 15-10-2023