Veterinary Education Lead - 39 hours per week
Full-time, £40,000 - £45,000
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Join our dynamic team at Pets at Home, a leader in the veterinary industry! We are excited to announce a new opportunity for a Veterinary Education Lead to play a pivotal role in the growth and development of our Pets at Home Clinical Academy. If you are a passionate veterinary professional with a strong background in adult education, we invite you to be a part of our innovative team.
About the role
As the Veterinary Education Lead, you will collaborate closely with our Clinical Education Manager to shape the future of veterinary education. Your role will involve creating and overseeing impactful learning solutions for veterinary surgeons, utilising various delivery methods. Your expertise will be instrumental in enhancing the capabilities of our veterinary colleagues and ensuring the continued success of the Clinical Academy.
We can offer hybrid working from our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire) and some national travel will be required.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a veterinary education Subject Matter Expert (SME), supporting the development and delivery of veterinary content within the Clinical Academy
- Developing effective learning solutions tailored to veterinary colleagues, aligning with specific career pathways
- Defining clear learning objectives and outcomes for planned educational initiatives
- Identifying and engaging third-party training providers to enhance the annual veterinary training program
- Reviewing and analysing feedback from clinical colleagues, offering valuable recommendations for improvement
- Measuring the impact of learning solutions from both a colleague and business perspective
- Serving as the primary point of contact for veterinary colleagues, addressing inquiries, questions and concerns related to the Clinical Academy
- Collaborating in delivering face-to-face training events as needed
- Pursuing external accreditation for courses where applicable
- Promoting active engagement with Clinical Academy resources among veterinary colleagues
- Maintaining accurate training records and budgets, ensuring transparency and accountability
- Continuously reviewing and updating content to ensure it remains current, relevant and accurate
- Assisting the Learning & Development Team in managing the Clinical Academy learning platform
- Collaborating with the Reward Team to monitor and develop rewards linked to the Clinical Academy to boost engagement
- Attending relevant regional and team meetings, reporting on Clinical Academy activities
- Participating in internal and external conferences and recruitment fairs, providing insights to enhance training requirements
- UK Practising member of the RCVS (MRCVS)
- Relevant qualification in adult education and training at Level 3 or above (or willingness to work towards)
- Previous or ongoing experience as a practicing veterinary surgeon
- Passionate and knowledgeable about veterinary education
- Extensive experience in creating training materials for various delivery methods
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and data-driven outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders effectively
- Outstanding planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills
- Ability to build and expand professional networks
- Customer and colleague-centric mindset with a strong emphasis on teamwork
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of our organisation, including travel and occasional nights away from home
- Effective leadership and team collaboration skills
- High emotional intelligence, sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in all work
- Experience in designing e-learning content and program/project management is desirable
If you're ready to take the lead in advancing veterinary education and making a lasting impact on the profession, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us in shaping the future of veterinary learning and development. Your expertise will be the driving force behind our success!
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets, and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in, and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you!
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 08-12-2023
Expiry Date: 16-12-2023