Petcare Assistant - Part Time - 8 hours
Part-time, £11.65 - £11.65
Salary: £11.65 - £11.65
Contracted Hours: 8
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 1, Waddon Retail Park, Purley Way, Croydon, Greater London, CR 0 4NX
Store Assistant – Croydon
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our range of Pet Care Centres, Pets Grooming salons, and Vets for Pets practices around the UK. Our Pet Care Centres are community-focused pet care stores – where local people work with local pet owners and help local pets. It's fast-paced, innovative, fun, and we put people at the very heart of everything we do.
What’s the role?
Your role will be at the heart of our stores, and you will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands. Our Store Assistants are critical to the success of our business. They are responsible for exceeding our customer's expectations daily, brilliant operational standards, and building strong relationships with our customers and colleagues.
Who are we looking for?
• People who are passionate about delivering great service.
• Weekend working - You’ll be offered a minimum contract of 8 hours.
• Ideally has experience of working within a customer-facing environment and being able to achieve stretching targets (However, this isn’t a requirement – We will teach you everything you need to know!).
We want people who are passionate about pets and care about their community, the type of person who stops to greet a passing dog and sits on the pavement to make friends with a cat. People who understand how important pets are to the people who love them, and who want to help us create a friendly, safe, welcoming space for pet owners at a local level.
Our culture is friendly and inclusive. Each one of our teams is unique because we welcome everyone, and everyone can be themselves. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
We reward and recognise our store colleagues in ways that matter to them. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
• A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all hourly paid store colleagues.
• Paid Holidays: all colleagues will receive at least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years.
• Gifts to and events to celebrate service anniversaries between 5 - 30 years.
• Extra days off for times that matter e.g., Birthday!
• 20% Colleague discount for all Pets at Home Group brands within our Pets at Home stores, Pets Grooming, Vets for Pets and online. 30% discount on own brand products.
• Access to a benefits platform with lots of discounts on other retailers.
• A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
• Life Assurance for all colleagues.
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. Thank you.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
Click here for more details and other benefits
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 07-09-2023
Expiry Date: 04-09-2033