App Developer - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home is undergoing a digital transformation to revolutionise our customer and colleague facing digital platforms. We are seeking talented React Native Developers to join our in-house development team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is reinventing customer journeys and striving to become the best pet care business in the world.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work as a React Native Developer within one of our cross-functional product teams.
- Guide mobile app technical decisions and implement solutions on the customer-facing mobile app.
- Advocate for developing with accessibility and performance in mind, while continuously seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Write automated tests using Jest and React Native Testing Library.
- Work within an agile environment following the Scrum methodology.
- Maintain code quality and contribute to code standards and documentation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and product managers to define and enhance products in development.
- Mentor other developers within the team.
- Demonstrate a customer-oriented approach and a passion for data-driven development.
- Understand scalability and user experience.
- Embrace new technologies and have a willingness to learn.
- Foster a collaborative approach and be open to pair programming.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience building mobile applications in React Native with TypeScript.
- Experience with automated testing using Jest and React Native Testing Library.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- Strong commitment to code quality and adherence to coding standards and documentation.
- Customer-oriented mindset with a focus on data-driven development.
- Understanding of scalability and user experience.
- Experience engaging and interacting with stakeholders and product managers.
- Proven ability to mentor and guide other developers.
- Enthusiasm for exploring new technologies and approaches.
- Openness to collaborative work and pair programming.
Preferred, but not required:
- Some experience with native mobile app development using Kotlin and/or Swift.
- Familiarity with package managers (NPM and Yarn).
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps for managing the application lifecycle.
Join our team and be part of an innovative and forward-thinking organisation.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 08-09-2023
Expiry Date: 07-10-2023