Digital Learning Designer - 39 hours per week
Full-time, £28,000 - £32,000
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home, we are passionate about providing our colleagues with the tools and knowledge they need to excel in their roles. We believe that learning should be engaging, effective and aligned with our values and strategic goals.
We’re looking for a Digital Learning Designer to play a pivotal role in shaping our learning experiences and driving our colleagues' success.
About the role
As a Digital Learning Designer, you will join our dynamic Learning Design team and contribute to the creation of engaging and impactful digital learning experiences. Your role will encompass designing, developing and implementing learning materials that utilise instructional design principles, creativity and alignment with our organisation's values and goals.
We focus on fostering a culture of continuous learning and embedding knowledge seamlessly into our colleagues' workflow.
We can offer hybrid working from our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire) and some nationwide travel may be required at times to meet stakeholders or to facilitate the development of courses or necessary team/business activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with our Learning & Development (L&D) team and subject matter experts to create various learning materials, including e-learning modules, instructor-led training materials, job aids, video learning and multimedia presentations
- Applying instructional design principles to craft interactive and engaging learning experiences that align with specific learning objectives
- Developing and delivering learning content using a variety of authoring tools, with a strong focus on the Intellum Evolve tool and Articulate suite
- Creating and adapting learning content following established design templates and guidelines
- Enhancing learning experiences by incorporating multimedia elements, such as graphics, videos and simulations
- Utilising Adobe Suite software to design graphics and video editing tools (e.g., Camtasia and Adobe Premier Pro) to create engaging videos for communication, training, and promotional purposes
- Ensuring all learning materials meet accessibility standards, including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Conducting quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy, functionality and usability of learning materials
- Gathering feedback from users and stakeholders to make necessary improvements to learning content
- Staying updated on instructional design trends, best practices and emerging technologies in the learning and development field
- Collaborating with the broader team to enhance talent development and L&D success across the organization
- Experience using the Intellum Evolve authoring tool and/or Adapt Framework eLearning authoring tool with demonstrable evidence
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or equivalent tools for developing assets from scratch
- Experience with various video editing and design software with demonstrable evidence
- Previous experience in L&D creation and delivery
- Strong analytical skills, with a focus on continuous improvement and data-driven decision-making
- CIPD/TAP qualification, or relevant experience in L&D is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Familiarity with LMS platforms, particularly Success Factors, is desirable
- Experience using Articulate Suite for authoring courses, including Rise and Articulate
- Industry-related awareness, particularly in veterinary, retail, and distribution sectors, is advantageous
- Project and coordination management skills
- Proficiency in learning design, facilitation, and evaluation
Join our team and make a significant impact on the professional development of our colleagues. We offer a dynamic work environment, opportunities for growth and the chance to shape the future of learning within our organisation.
If you're passionate about creating innovative and effective digital learning experiences and meet the qualifications outlined above, we invite you to apply and join us in our mission to empower our colleagues with the knowledge they need to succeed.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our Purpose
At Pets at Home, we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 18-09-2023
Expiry Date: 30-09-2023