Stock Controller - 39 hours
Full-time, £26,250 - £26,250
Salary: £26,250 - £26,250
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stafford North Park Business Park, Stone Road, Stafford, ST18 9SE
Friday to Monday Night shift 10pm to 6am.
We have now moved to our new home in Stafford, which has created opportunities for Stock Controllers to join our growing Stock Control Team.
As a Stock Controller you will be responsible for the smooth running of the warehouse operations from receipt of goods, storage and distribution, and ensuring a safe working environment. These opportunities suit individuals who have previous track record within a pick, pack and dispatch, 24/7 multi-site operation. This is a great platform to further your career within a growing and forward thinking organisation
- Coordination of transport to deliver goods and maintain a highly accurate stock keeping / stock control system
- Control all Brexit store orders and documentation
- Manage inventory/stock levels and stock placement using the JDA system
- Part of an established team of stock controllers, ensuring that all internal stock control processes within the Distribution Centre are followed
- Maximise stock availability and ensure that stock can be delivered to stores accurately and in a saleable condition
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of the warehouse stock file, through perpetual inventory counts and identifying damage reduction opportunities
- Continuously improve productivity through maintaining pick paths and space utilisation
- Maintain the Physical inventory in line with system driven PI to control adjustments
- Assist in monitoring all inbound PO’s to close all orders within 48 hours and to ensure the orders are closed without discrepancies to improve stock availability
- Carrying out weekly full empty location checks and dealing with thorough investigations to resolve DC discrepancies and Support Office queries
- Report on a weekly basis the stock KPI’s and assist in the development of new processes and procedures
- Monitor, investigate and authorise internal product adjustments to maintain stock accuracy
- Assist in relays to enhance productivity measures
What you'll bring with you:
- Working experience within a 24/7, live, operational environment
- Experience in Goods in / out
- Proficient IT Skills –Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to design and write reports
- Forward-thinking with a strong customer focus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful under pressure
- Team player within the wider business
What you’ll get in Return:
- Attractive rates of pay
- Holidays – 28 days including bank holidays, rising to 33 days after two years’ service
- An extra day’s holiday when it’s your birthday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Personal Health Insurance scheme (if in Pension Scheme)
- Life assurance: 4 x salary
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme after 12 weeks service
- Pets at Home “Treats” voluntary benefits package
We’re not just another retailer. So, this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
Along the way, they get to enjoy all the training and development they need to succeed. Plus a comfortable, dynamic working environment that also has computer workspaces, communication zones and our own canteen.
Our colleagues live and breathe the Pets at Home values, bringing them to work every day to deliver for our customers. The teams within our distribution centres play a vital role by ensuring our stores are stocked with exactly what they need, when they need it.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 18-09-2023
Expiry Date: 03-10-2023