First Line Manager - Warehouse - 30 hours
Part-time, £31,500 - £33,075
Salary: £31,500 - £33,075
Contracted Hours: 30
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stafford North Park Business Park, Stone Road, Stafford, ST18 9SE
First Line Manager - Warehouse
Shifts available: Saturday - Tuesday, Days/Noons Rotational (work 4 shifts and be paid for 5 shifts), Monday - Friday, Days/Noons Rotational (2 weekends in 8 to be worked) or Friday - Monday, Nights (work 4 shifts and be paid for 5 shifts)
At Pets At Home we are motivated to find the best talent in the Logistics & Distribution industry. Right now we are looking for First Line Managers to join our Warehouse team in our brand new Fulfilment Centre in Redhill, Stafford
The Role :
The role will entail all operational and site aspects of a distribution centre. We are looking for a leader to prioritise people, believe and live the values of Pets at Home, and are passionate about getting better every day. The role will cover a number of shifts – days and nights, and will include some weekend working.
You will have experience in leading a team within a logistics/ warehouse/distribution setting, and can use those leadership qualities to inspire yourself and others to achieve daily objectives and support continuous improvement. You will have worked in an automated environment and be proficient with IT and comfortable with WMS systems.
- Conduct daily briefs to the team, covering volumes to be picked/service level/damages/error rate and own shift case rate, also covering the % picked and actual against the business demand.
- Plan and manage the day to day requirements of their designated area to meet demands, utilising the colleagues available in the areas that suit for that days requirements.
- Monitor all absence from work ensuring all Return to Work Interviews are completed and action taken where required.
- To liaise with Stock Control daily to discuss warehouse cross offs and availability and rectify accordingly, covering any replenishment errors.
- To ensure all accident / incidents investigations are carried out and reports presented to Health & Safety
- Be pro-active in the planning of the shift patterns including precise and accurate handover shift by shift.
- Carry out the disciplinary procedure up to the written warning stage, ensuring that all disciplinary procedures have been adhered to within the Company handbook.
- Liaise with agency representative on a daily basis regarding performance/absence/ holiday/discipline.
- Liaise with transport department daily to assist in the best way to consolidate loads without jeopardising the service to stores.
- To promote a safe working environment for all colleagues and that all the colleagues are briefed on statutory regulations as well as company regulations relevant to Pets at Home.
- Attractive rates of pay
- Holidays – 29 days inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 31 days after two years’ service, dependant on shift pattern
- An extra day’s holiday when it’s your birthday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Personal Health Insurance scheme (if in Pension Scheme)
- Life assurance: 4 x salary
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme after 12 weeks service
- Pets at Home “Treats” voluntary benefits package
We’re not just another retailer. So this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
Along the way, they get to enjoy all the training and development they need to succeed. Plus a comfortable, dynamic working environment that also has computer workspaces, communication zones and our own canteen.
Our colleagues live and breathe the Pets at Home values, bringing them to work every day to deliver for our customers. The teams within our distribution centres play a vital role by ensuring our stores are stocked with exactly what they need, when they need it.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-09-2023
Expiry Date: 28-09-2023