1st Line Analyst - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Our IT Service Desk is key in delivering IT Support services to over 450 Pet Care Centres and Vet Practices, alongside 4 Support Office buildings and 2 Distribution Centres around the UK. We are currently growing our IT Service Desk team. You would be working across a varied shift pattern between the hours of 08:00 and 20:10, including working 1 in 4 weekends. Once you have completed your training, you will have the opportunity to work from home for some of your shifts each week (approximately 20%). We’ll help you learn our environment through a comprehensive training program supported by regular coaching.
- Speaking with our colleagues, however they choose to contact us, via telephone, email or through our self-service system, listening to their requirements and providing them with timely updates that mean that they can get on with their day while we take care of their IT needs.
- Recording accurate, detailed information in our Service Management tool that helps form a comprehensive account of the incident or request.
- Using our extensive knowledge database, troubleshooting queries across hardware and software, for both colleagues in one of our offices or remotely working from elsewhere.
- Aiming to resolve queries from our colleagues whenever we can the first time they contact us. We are the ‘front door’ of IT and aim to offer a great experience to our customers, recognising that their perception of IT is shaped by us every day.
- Identifying issues that need further help and escalating appropriately to the relevant support teams, both internally and with external 3rd Parties.
- Working closely with the rest of the 1st and 2nd line Service Desk team to share experiences and learning to improve our performance overall.
- Proven track record of providing high quality customer service in a busy environment. This is essential, as this role will be doing just that.
- Great organisational skills, alongside a love of problem solving. Being curious and tenacious by nature will really help you to succeed in the role.
- Interest in IT and technology and any knowledge of MS Office applications along with previous IT service desk experience.
- Eagerness to learn and develop, alongside a real desire to provide an amazing experience to our colleagues.
- Bring your Pet to work!
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Shopping discounts and more!
The role is based in our newly refurbished office at Handforth. It is easily accessed from the A34 bypass or a short walk from Handforth Train Station. We offer free parking if travelling by car and there are a range of facilities onsite that make up a comfortable and welcoming working space for our colleagues.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-09-2023
Expiry Date: 30-09-2023