IT Procurement Buyer - 39 hours per week
Full-time, £45,000 - £50,000
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Are you an experienced IT procurement professional looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your expertise? Join us at Pets at Home as a IT Procurement Buyer and play a critical role in our procurement process, driving strategic sourcing, negotiation and purchasing of IT hardware, software, and services.
About the role
We’re looking for a IT Procurement Buyer to work on a hybrid basis from our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire).
As the IT Procurement Buyer, you will be responsible for optimising the value from Goods and Services Not for Resale (GSNFR) Technology and Data spend. Your strategic insights and commercial acumen will contribute to the success of our Procurement team in aligning suppliers with our business objectives, securing advantageous deals and cultivating strong supplier relationships to ensure quality and continuous improvement.
You will source, negotiate and purchase IT hardware, software and services whilst having responsibility to manage part of the Technology and Data spend.
The focus of the Procurement team is to collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure we understand business requirements, find the right suppliers which align to business strategic objectives, get the right deals with those suppliers and build relationships to make sure we get what we expect and continue to improve and ensure our business and brand is safe from harm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing three year category plans for complex categories, collaborating with stakeholders to identify future business opportunities
- Partnering with budget holders and Finance colleagues to create annual procurement plans that deliver savings and operational improvements
- Monitoring and managing progress against targets, effectively communicating updates and necessary actions to senior leaders
- Identifying and promoting opportunities for volume aggregation and value delivery within complex categories
- Fostering collaborative working relationships across the business and sharing cross-business initiatives
- Cultivating inclusive and diverse supplier partnerships, reflecting the communities we serve
- Leading end-to-end procurement processes, utilising various sourcing approaches to drive value
- Communicating the value proposition of Pets at Home to suppliers and establishing performance-focused relationships
- Driving innovation within supplier relationship management activities to enhance commercial and operational outcomes
- Identifying and managing supplier and delivery risks, while staying vigilant in monitoring the external environment for potential future risks
- Proven experience as an IT Buyer or in a similar procurement role
- Familiarity with relevant IT procurement regulations and compliance standards
- A strong understanding of IT systems and technologies
- Understanding of procurement processes and contract management lifecycle
- Experience working with large organisations with significant spend on Indirect or GSNFR categories
- Ideally, a background in large Retailer, Logistics, Airline or Hospitality industries
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our Purpose
At Pets at Home, we are committed to providing the best advice, products, and care for pets and their owners. With over 450 stores, 310 Groom Rooms, and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices, we offer a fast-paced, innovative, and fun work environment where our people make a real difference. This is your chance to work for an award-winning company that puts people at the heart of everything we do.
We have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 22-09-2023
Expiry Date: 30-09-2023