Lead Backend Developer - 39 hours
Full-time, £65,000 - £70,000
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
As a Lead Backend Engineer, you will take technical ownership of the technologies and provide leadership to the Software Development teams. You will be responsible for ensuring the solutions developed by the team align with the overall strategic technical direction of the Application Development function. Additionally, you will provide technical guidance and support to other members of the Application Development team, participate in the design and development of complex application solutions, and play a crucial role in defining and evolving the agile software development lifecycle.
- Technical Oversight:
- Ensure all team output is fit for purpose and aligned with the technical direction.
- Review software design and implementations, suggesting improvements for efficiency and maintainability.
- Identify technical debt and promote necessary corrective actions.
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring:
- Provide support and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Help team members solve complex issues and improve their technical knowledge.
- Conduct workshops and learning sessions to enhance development capabilities.
- Solution Design and Development:
- Actively participate in designing and developing complex application solutions.
- Produce design documentation and efficient software implementations.
- Create reusable components and services for more efficient application development.
- Technology Roadmapping:
- Deeply understand the technology used in Software Development within Pets at Home and the wider community.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and recommend changes in practice.
- Role Specific Competencies:
- Strong technical communication skills with the ability to articulate visions, solutions & desired outcomes.
- Results-driven with excellent planning and organizational abilities.
- Forward-thinking and adaptable to change with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Effective stakeholder management at all levels to address challenges and drive solutions.
- Team mentorship skills to guide and grow colleagues and share technical knowledge.
- Ability to spot trends in technology and business areas and manage technology introductions.
Skills & Experience:
- Deep understanding of developing software using .NetCore.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into a holistic platform solution.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform and SaaS, including Cosmos DB, TDD, CI, and CD.
- Familiarity with Service-oriented design and software development ecosystem.
- Knowledge of Agile working practices and software/process/project lifecycles.
- Proficiency in C# and familiarity with frameworks, patterns, and practices for software development.
- Significant experience as a lead member of a software development team with demonstrable enterprise-level implementations.
- Customer-oriented approach with experience engaging with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in writing Gherkin for SpecFlow test automation.
- Previous experience in introducing technology into a department or organization.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps (desired).
Pets just see people. They aren’t biased and they don’t discriminate. We take our inspiration from pets, and we value and respect difference in all its forms. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of the communities we operate in, and every colleague can help us achieve this. We encourage our people to be themselves so even if your skills and experience don’t perfectly align, if you think you can make a unique contribution through your values and behaviours, we want to hear from you!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 24-11-2023
Expiry Date: 23-12-2023