Reward Advisor - 39 hours
Full-time, £35,000 - £36,000
Salary: £35,000 - £36,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Hybrid, including Handforth Support Office
At Pets, we have an ambitious plan, to build the world’s best pet care platform. A key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
In a time where our mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing is being tested more than ever, it’s imperative that we continue to develop a reward strategy to support the wellbeing of our colleagues and reward and recognise our colleagues in ways that matter to them and to our pet care ecosystem. We therefore have an exciting opportunity for you to join our growing Reward & Wellbeing Team, which forms part of our wider People Team, where you will play a crucial role in delivering, developing, and analysing our reward strategy across the business.
Pets includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone can come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
About your role:
As a Reward Advisor, you will lead and develop our compensation offering and processes. Working closely with the Reward Manager, within this role, you will take the lead on annual compensation processes, contribute to the design and development of new and existing benefits and your analytical skills will be critical to support our Reward strategy.
About your responsibilities:
- Working alongside the Reward Manager, for our pay review and bonus processes, manage time and steps to ensure review and approval of recommendations; accountable for planning and delivering the process, providing analysis to support decision making, ensuring accurate data management.
- Ensure that our bonus and share schemes are administered in accordance with scheme rules.
- Complete annual salary surveys and submission of remuneration data to our benchmarking providers.
- Provide compensation data and analytics to the Reward Manager to support with Executive Board papers.
- Support the Reward Manager in the data production and validation of our pay review and bonus cycles.
- Work closely with our finance teams to ensure our compensation plans remain within budget.
- Benchmark company compensation practices, programmes, and policies to ensure we position ourselves as an employer of choice.
- Carry out reward analysis, creating data reports to support effective business decisions across the group.
- Keep up to date on all current trends and legislation in reward.
- Co-ordinate how we embed new practices that support the people and group strategy.
- Lead process automation and identify areas to reduce task time by utilising robotics.
- Support with colleague queries in all areas of reward.
About your Skills and experience:
This role would suit an individual who is process driven with an analytical mind-set, who has previous experience working in a reward and benefits role and with a proven track record of supporting the delivery of reward and benefit related projects and initiatives. Experience within a PLC environment is desirable. This role will require an individual who is highly organised in their approach to managing multiple fast paced work streams.
Experience and skills required for this role include (but not limited to):
- Previous experience in Reward is essential, with an understanding of annual compensation (pay and bonus) cycles.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written, ability to influence and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong numerical and advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of company benefits, e.g. cycle to work scheme and private health care.
- An understanding of share plans, including SAYE, LTIPs, Restricted Stock Plans and bonus deferral schemes would be desirable.
- Experience working with SuccessFactors would be advantageous.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and ability to work with complex data
- High standards of professionalism, creativity and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Takes initiative and is able to work independently
- Ability to solve new and complex problems where existing solutions may not be appropriate
Collaboration and a desire to work with cross-functional teams is essential to the success of this role, alongside an ability to demonstrate confidence. You must be comfortable engaging with stakeholders at all levels across the organisation, displaying a high level of analytical intelligence. Bringing positivity, taking pride in your work, adopting an honest and straightforward approach, and wanting to continually improve. With the right support, we will ensure success within your role and career at Pets at Home.
- Pension plan
- Private healthcare
- Discretional share plans; Sharesave and Restricted Stock Plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member)
- 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after 2 years’ service.
- Birthday Leave - 1-day extra leave to celebrate your birthday!
- Pet-ernity leave – 1-day extra leave to welcome your new dog, horse or cat into your family!
- Our Better World Pledge Day - one paid day’s leave each year to support pets, people and/or the planet within our local communities.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental, adoption and fertility leave.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 12-05-2023
Expiry Date: 10-06-2023