Dog Groomer or Trainee - 32 hours
Part-time, £10.60 - £11.35
Salary: £10.60 - £11.35
Contracted Hours: 32
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 1, St Michaels Retail Park, Eastern Green, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 3AP
Stylist or Assistant Stylist – Penzance
Salary: Stylist (Dog Groomer) £11.35 hour /Assistant Stylist (Trainee Dog Groomer) £10.60 per hour
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our Pet Care Centres, which includes Pets Grooming salons, and Vets for Pets practices around the UK.
What are the roles?
Our Stylists and Assistant Stylists are critical to the success of our Pets Grooming salons.
You will be responsible for all aspects of pet grooming and required to confidently deliver a full and thorough groom of a high standard. You will exceed our customers' expectations by providing a great service within the salon. Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you deal with customers and their pets daily.
You'll deliver the very highest standard of pet care, whilst demonstrating a basic understaning of technical concepts relating to preparing and clipping of a dog for grooming, including handling techniques, using equipment, and pre-grooming preparation. We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the 'Best Pet Care Business in the World'. You'll enjoy a competitive base pay, with opportunities to earn the Real Living Wage (or more!) through our Earn As You Learn training programmes, as well as being able to achieve additional pay supplements through extra training.
Who are we looking for?
• People who are passionate about delivering a great service.
• Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 6 days a week (we are closed on Sundays!) You will receive a minimum contract of 32 hours, but you will often be required to work more hours to cover busy periods, absences, and holidays.
• Experience of working with, or handling dogs in a professional dog grooming or pet care environment (please note that bathing/grooming your own dog does not qualify as professional experience).
• Ideally has experience of working within a customer-facing environment.
• Preferably you will have worked in a target driven environment, but if not, happy to work in one.
It's fast-paced, innovative, fun, and we put people at the very heart of everything we do.
Our culture is friendly and inclusive. Each one of our teams is unique because we welcome everyone, and everyone can be themselves. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
We reward and recognise our Stylists and Assistant Stylists in ways that matter to them. Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
• Stylists will benefit from a certified iPet Level 3 training programme and qualification.
• Assistant Stylists will benefit from a thorough internal training programme, including a minimum of 1,000 hours of learning to get you signed off as a Stylist!
• Annual bonus
• At least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours)
• Extra day off for your birthday
• Life Assurance - 4 times your annual salary
• Company pension contribution of 4%
• Colleague discount of 20% across the Group (Pets at Home, Pets Grooming, Vets for Pets), including 30% off on own brand
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening. Thank you.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
Click here for more details and other benefits
Organisation: The Groom Room
Date Posted: 18-05-2023
Expiry Date: 20-06-2023