People Assistant - 39 hours
Full-time, £23,760 - £23,760
Salary: £23,760 - £23,760
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stafford North Park Business Park, Stone Road, Stafford, ST18 9SE
Right now we have an exciting opportunity for a People Assistant to join our People/HR Team at our Distribution Centre - Stafford
To support and assist the People Team/HR Team in the Distribution Centre with all people related work streams and projects. Working in partnership with the wider team to ensure that all people related work streams are kept up to date and on track for completion. Providing a point of contact for Pets at Home Colleagues to get quality people related guidance and support when required. A strong advocate for the Pets At Home behaviours and values at all times.
- Booking meeting and training rooms
- Processing letters / correspondence and sending these to colleagues
- Liaising with the Resource planning Manager on the consultation plan
- Co-ordinating & rearranged meetings / colleague consultations
- Informing all relevant stakeholders of the consultation plan schedules & preparing relevant documents
- Assist with co-ordinating outplacement support activities plan
- Processing paperwork – scanning & filing (physical and electronic)
- Sharing of any key updates / documents via various communications mediums across the DCs – includes email, JAM, posters, printing letters etc..
- General upkeep of excel and any relevant databases / systems
- Effective communications with relevant stakeholders via email – written and verbal
- Competent in using Microsoft applications
- Great at planning, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A team player who can operate remotely but also within a wider team
- Strong in data analyst skills and have a high level of attention to detail
- Strong administration experience
- Experience within a HR /people team would be an advantage but not essential
- Flexible to travel between Stoke & Stafford when required
- Attractive rates of pay
- Holidays – 28 days including bank holidays, rising to 33 days after two years’ service
- An extra day’s holiday when it’s your birthday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Personal Health Insurance scheme (if in Pension Scheme)
- Life assurance: 4 x salary
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme after 12 weeks service
- Pets at Home “Treats” voluntary benefits package
We’re not just another retailer. So, this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
Along the way, they get to enjoy all the training and development they need to succeed. Plus, a comfortable, dynamic working environment that also has computer workspaces, communication zones and our own canteen.
Our colleagues live and breathe the Pets at Home values, bringing them to work every day to deliver for our customers. The teams within our distribution centres play a vital role by ensuring our stores are stocked with exactly what they need, when they need it.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-03-2023
Expiry Date: 31-03-2023