Profit Protection Analyst - Pets - 39 hours
Full-time, £23,000 - £26,000
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the Role
As a Profit Protection Analyst, you will report into the Senior Fraud Manager. You will support the Profit Protection agenda by utilising data to identify trends, patterns, and transactional anomalies across all practices within Pets at Home stores. The remit is to screen for internal fraud, package up and present findings for investigation and to identify weaknesses in systems or processes. You will also support our retail stores with requests for information or advice, as well as working closely with other support office functions.
You will support our teams remit of driving continuous improvement with regards to internal processes, whilst helping to protect the business, our colleagues and our pets against crime and dishonesty.
The Profit Protection Analyst will be primarily based at our Support Office in Handforth.
There is an expectation that the role will be office based 3 days a week., with the option to work remotely for the remaining two days.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to
• Analyse large sets of data; identify trends, patterns and other anomalies which may highlight opportunities to develop systems or process.
• Highlight outliers across performance KPI’s and report these areas of risk back to the business.
• Make recommendations to improve process and compliance and support and monitor the success of process changes.
• Identify gaps in data or access to systems.
• Build and communicate weekly KPI reporting to key stakeholders and stores.
• Identify areas of improvement in reporting, and efficiency of reporting process.
• Develop screening reporting and monitor EPOS data for suspicious transactions, investigate where appropriate and package up internal and external cases for investigation.
• Support the investigation remotely by liaising with the business partner and People Team.
• Transaction types will include refunds, discounts, voids and subscriptions.
• Monitor VIP transactions in store and online, stock management and click & collect transactions.
• Where appropriate, communicate directly with customers to support with the conduction of online fraud investigations.
• Manage the relationship between key stakeholders across the business where we are monitoring activity relating to their function.
• Provide timely reporting and action requests for data, attend relevant briefing sessions and meeting where applicable.
• Liaise with external stakeholders such as the Police where necessary.
• Support the Business Partners and stores with requests for information and data relating to investigations or security.
• Provide analytical support where appropriate in relation to Profit Protection KPI’s.
• Maintain the Security Incident Log.
• Strong PC literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar data driven role.
• You will have a high level of PC literacy, particularly in Excel, Word, Outlook and Microsoft Teams with a minimum of 2 years’ hands on experience.
• You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication, inter-personal skills.
• You will have the ability to work within a team, build strong relationships and yet remain independent.
• You must be able to demonstrate strong leadership behaviours, build trust, be transparent and act on these consistently.
• You must be able to work with discretion and professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 17-03-2023
Expiry Date: 01-04-2023